New here ( almost one week now )...cancer free for 6 yrs.

Options
I everyone...my name is Kate, and I am 56 yrs old. I was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer of the uterus 6 years ago now. Since then I have had a few other surgeries, and have really added pounds to this poor old frame. My youngest son started a Keto approach to his diet about 2 months ago, and came home one weekend 30 pounds lighter! I was amazed and impressed! So I decided it was time for me to pull up my boot straps and give it a try myself. After one week on this plan I have dropped 6 pounds! yeah! If there is one thing I have learned after having a cancer issue,,,,,life is precious and not to be handled with disregard. I would love to have some friends in here that share my story of struggle with facing demons of many kinds...cancer, weight, you name it.

Replies

• longbird
    longbird Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kate and congrats on your very good start :-)
  • gobraves47
    gobraves47 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi Kate! I also had uterine cancer . I'm lucky that mine was only stage 1. I totally agree with what you said about life being precious. I'm amazed at how much the experience changed me and my outlook on life. It was a harsh wake-up call for me, but I really needed it. Now getting healthier is my #1 priority. This website has been a wonderful tool to help with my weight loss so far (I still have a lot to lose). The support of the community here is awesome.