Weekend re-caps

Options
So how was everyone's weekend? Any hot dates? Any new love interests?

My weekend was okay but the same as everyother weekend. Played sports with a little bit of work mixed in. First time in awhile I stayed home on a Saturday night with just me, a bowl of popcorn and tv series on dvd. My plan was to save money this weekend for my trip to MI next weekend.

Replies

• Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Did lots and lots of yard work. Like hours and hours and hours..lol. Sunday did inside work .. hours and hours .. and then watched my Steelers win win win! Took a bath and zonked out. Productive weekend, but not very fun.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Dropped a little on the ol' bodyfat % and weight. Other than that, nothing really exciting. Worked and went to the gym during the weekend. On another note, everyone I work with was out sick during the weekend but me. ( ♫♪ All by myself doo doo dooo all by myself♪♫) I like to think of it as a NSV! Healthier lifestyle and being more active = rarely getting sick! Then again, even at my heaviest, I rarely got sick. Haven't called in sick and missed work in over 10 years. >.> I kinda wish I did. When I do get sick it lasts 1-2 days at most, I always drop lbs. 2-5 and NEVER gain it back either.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Dropped a little on the ol' bodyfat % and weight. Other than that, nothing really exciting. Worked and went to the gym during the weekend. On another note, everyone I work with was out sick during the weekend but me. ( ♫♪ All by myself doo doo dooo all by myself♪♫) I like to think of it as a NSV! Healthier lifestyle and being more active = rarely getting sick! Then again, even at my heaviest, I rarely got sick. Haven't called in sick and missed work in over 10 years. >.> I kinda wish I did. When I do get sick it lasts 1-2 days at most, I always drop lbs. 2-5 and NEVER gain it back either.

Are you sure they just didn't have "footballitis"?
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

Are you sure they just didn't have "footballitis"?

Ha ha ha. Nah... One only cares about golf and only if he is playing it and the other thinks ALL sports are stupid.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I worked on Friday and Saturday. Yesterday I went to a sports bar to watch football with the new guy I've been seeing. So far so good. He's different than what I'm used to. Most guys I've dated are a bit more outgoing and a bit, shall we say, loud...which is fine by me. This guy is definitely a bit more laid back and quiet, seems like a really good guy. He's a runner, he's also conscious about what he eats and is pretty healthy...so that works out great for me! We'll see how things go...we're going out again on Tuesday. :smile:
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    weekend was great.....Fri night saw guy, then Saturday started gymnastics with my nieces--well, they started--so darn cute at 3 I can't stand it...went sailing Sat. afternoon, but it was super windy, so rough seas, and had to be towed in due to running out of diesel that we needed to get back (strong winds and the current against us) then Sat. night went to Fireworks with my guy, then Sunday spent the day at the beach with him and his daughter, and then he took us to very early dinner. First meeting with daughter went very well :smile:

And, I guess, technically I am "single" but not "available" anymore. We are not seeing others. Even though it has not been very long, neither of us is the type to date multiple people at once, so we are both happy to focus on each other !
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    weekend was great.....Fri night saw guy, then Saturday started gymnastics with my nieces--well, they started--so darn cute at 3 I can't stand it...went sailing Sat. afternoon, but it was super windy, so rough seas, and had to be towed in due to running out of diesel that we needed to get back (strong winds and the current against us) then Sat. night went to Fireworks with my guy, then Sunday spent the day at the beach with him and his daughter, and then he took us to very early dinner. First meeting with daughter went very well :smile:

And, I guess, technically I am "single" but not "available" anymore. We are not seeing others. Even though it has not been very long, neither of us is the type to date multiple people at once, so we are both happy to focus on each other !

Good weekend. I am with you on the single but not available thing.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Partied with a bunch of Iranians on Friday. Everyone - and I mean everyone - was wasted. Talked a bit to two women, both around 35. One was quite attractive, and a pistachio queen (one of the largest distributors of pistachios worldwide). She was about to buy a huge farm in California. I think it was going quite well. The other was not as attractive, massively on the rebound having recently ended a long term relationship, and - quite frankly - ready to go (and I believe all over me - it's all a bit foggy)... But I really wasn't interested. Sadly, events took their own course, as I woke up in a taxi, alone, in front of my hotel, at 2 am. Thank goodness I rented a car with a driver for the evening. Had to wake up early Saturday for my flight back to Prague. Felt absolutely horrible the next morning, but at least I was upgraded and got to sleep a bit on the plane.

After picking up the kids from the grandparents, I got home around dinnertime Saturday. I made the kids pinkie promise to be in bed by midnight, and then went to bed at 8:30 pm. Slept 10+ hours or so. Went to the gym on Sunday and did some grocery shopping. Very chill.

--P
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

So happy for both of you! :flowerforyou:

My weekend was lots of exercise and time spent outdoors. Also had a 3rd date with a great guy, but I'm just not feeling it.
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Drove home to Ohio on Friday. Watched my Buckeyes win Saturday with my stepdad. Wasn't pretty but a win is a win. Went to see my aunt in the hospital Saturday evening and had dinner at home with my parents. Sunday I drove back to NC... short quick trip but worth it!

I have no one I'm really talking to from any site at this point but am still getting lots of hilarious emails. Besides the 24 year old offering to be my servant and the married guy looking for some side action (Thursdays emails), Friday included a 69 year old with no shirt sitting on a motorcycle AND a bouncer who asked me if I could help him get a job with my company. OMG, where do these people come from?!
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Very quiet. Friday night I went to the gym, Saturday I was lazy around the house, did laundry, went to the gym. Sunday morning - lazy again but made it to the grocery store. I cooked my non-boyfriend boyfriend dinner and we watched the football game. He told me he feels at home at my house, not like a guest. So now he's a non-guest guest along with a non-boyfriend boyfriend. He's a bunch of "nons" I guess!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Drove home to Ohio on Friday. Watched my Buckeyes win Saturday with my stepdad. Wasn't pretty but a win is a win. Went to see my aunt in the hospital Saturday evening and had dinner at home with my parents. Sunday I drove back to NC... short quick trip but worth it!

I have no one I'm really talking to from any site at this point but am still getting lots of hilarious emails. Besides the 24 year old offering to be my servant and the married guy looking for some side action (Thursdays emails), Friday included a 69 year old with no shirt sitting on a motorcycle AND a bouncer who asked me if I could help him get a job with my company. OMG, where do these people come from?!

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Jennifer2387
    Options

Wait .. what?? Ruth .. did I miss something??????
  • Jennifer2387
    Options

I will take the man servant's phone number please.... lol
  • Jennifer2387
    Options
    Very quiet. Friday night I went to the gym, Saturday I was lazy around the house, did laundry, went to the gym. Sunday morning - lazy again but made it to the grocery store. I cooked my non-boyfriend boyfriend dinner and we watched the football game. He told me he feels at home at my house, not like a guest. So now he's a non-guest guest along with a non-boyfriend boyfriend. He's a bunch of "nons" I guess!

Maybe it is opposite year for him!!!! My son does opposite days, which is rather annoying, no means yes, yes means no. Out means in .. etc ..
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

Wait .. what?? Ruth .. did I miss something??????

No you didn't miss anything. I worded that wrong. That is how I like to date. Single but not available. I can't date multiple people at one time.
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    My weekend was a bit of a mix. Friday was quiet at home relaxing from a stressful work week. Saturday was a movie night at my best friend in the area's apartment, and the new guy came along, which was great. Got home to find my townhouse was really stuffy despite the AC being on - it's 24 years old and might have finally died. I'm hoping it needs replacing and can't be fixed so my new home warranty will replace it. *fingers crossed* I was planning to work at home yesterday, but I went to my office instead to stay cool. It has been so hot here for quite a while now (it hit 108F on Friday), it figures this thing would break down in the middle of it. I'm just glad it gets reasonably cool here at night that I can open all the windows and air out the place so I can sleep.

I like the idea of single but not available too. I can't imagine dating multiple people at one time. First meets is one thing, but beyond that, I wouldn't be comfortable.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Sorry my updates late lol I was busy....

Friday night went to a rock show with Mr. Nice Guy. It was awesome a bunch of local heavy metal bands. I didnt get home til 4 am and then I had to be up at 9 to go to work lol....

Saturday after working, I hung out with my boys for a while then went with Mr. Nice Guy to a sport bar and hung with some of his friends. After that we went to a warehouse for his band practice and chill out session. I got home at 5 am lol.

Sunday picked up my babies from grandmas.. Made a nice home cooked dinner for the little ones and watched the Avengers with them. They didnt have any school on Monday and I dont work on Mondays so mommy got to catch up on her sleep lol.
    Monday we did the weekend homework and did luandry and housecleaning. Talked with Mr. Nice guy on the phone and were gonna hang out Tomorrow and thursday.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options

LOVE LOVE THIS!!!

Let me see, have been on vacation the last two weeks, and have been chatting with a new man, who I think holds great prospect. I am kind of scared because he is very expressive with his feelings which is what I want, but now I have it available to me I do not know how to react. So I am just going to go with the flow.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!! Loving the weekend updates. I'm late on mine but here goes.
    So on Thursday night I met a guy while out at a bar during a BFF night. He swears he's shy but somehow he ended up by me and we laughed because his friend was scoping me out like he wanted to eat me. Apparently Creeper McCreeper (I nicknamed his friend) was told by Mr. Baby Blues (shy guy) that I was checking him out when I was really checking out shy guy. So Creeper McCreeper came over but Mr. Baby Blues started talking and I liked him. We had a fun time and chatted away and did some dancing. As we talked, he told me he had a daughter which immediately made me put him in the non-dateable category and into the 1 night fun type. Well he wanted more. Long story short he wanted my number and though I was hesitant I gave it to him figuring he was "safe" just for fun due to the deal breaker.
    Well he actually called... And has been calling. He asked me out for Sunday night and again, I thought "just for fun" but we ended up talking until 6am. We talked and talked. He told me about his ex and daughter after I repeated how I didn't date guys with kids.
    I learned that Mr. Baby Blues adores his daughter more than anything else. I saw a side of a man that made me warm. He lights up when he talks about her and wishes he could see her more.
    Anyway, I kept telling him we are just for fun and kept making jokes or being sarcastic if he asked deeper questions because I don't want him to get attached or feel bonded to me but for some reason I feel so so comfortable with him and vice versa. Tonight I talked to him and told him my thoughts and was honest how I hadn't planned to be interested in him this way but I am. He was happy to hear it. So we have decided to continue to get to know each other.
    This is new territory for me but I'm willing to try it even if it's just to prove that I'm right.... And that I'm not meant to date a single father. But honestly, he's too good to pass up (the little that I know about him) Funny thing is he's kinda dorky but I'm so giddy over him. He's not the usualy rugged manly man I like. He's attractive, just not my usual.

He knows I'm casually dating others so I've been honest. But after spending some time with Mr.BB, hawaiian guy realllly got put on the back burner (guess its the whole meet someone I'm more interested in scenario).