Best Tricks for Staying on Track

Options
What are your best tips and tricks for staying or getting yourself back on track? Is it a mantra? A picture?

Replies

• IdaMarie78
    IdaMarie78 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    For me I would have to say tracking what I eat. I have tried losing without tracking and well I haven't lost much :(. I also find that keeping healthy food and snacks at work help too. I now buy a set a of groceries to leave at work that way I always have good options on hand.
  • MsMartyMac
    Options
    This is my "get back to it" mantra. My son says it every time I tell him to clean his room... "I GOT THIS". I have done it before, I WILL do it again. NO ONE CAN DO IT FOR ME!! "Focus on the Activity not the result!!" In July 2007 I decided I was tired of being unhappy with my appearance and was tired of always saying "I am going to loose some weight." I decided to just do something, anything was better than nothing. I lost a total of 80 pounds in about a 15 months. I was so happy with myself and the my appearance. I had never really looked "cute" in my clothes until then. BUT... I started thinking of myself as a skinny person and started eating things that I shouldn't thinking "I'm skinny, I can eat what I want." HA

It took hard work, daily. And total dedication to get to where I was. And when I let that slide the self satisfaction went with it. My mantra then was "All hard work brings a profit!! Mere talk leads only to fattiness." It got me out of bed on many a cold morning. Now as i get older, it gets harder. I have changed jobs and my family structure is changing. I just have to remember to do this for ME. No one can do it for me!!! Focus on the ACTIVITY not the result! and in due time I can say... "I GOT THIS!"
  • D3vAnge1
    D3vAnge1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    As far as my intake goes, I have to agree with IdaMarie78, tracking/logging. I can't not track in spite of myself. MFP makes it so easy with the web & phone app, I simply cannot come up with a single excuse NOT to track, lol.

In regards to activity, that's an entirely different story altogether for me. Was kinda hoping someone would post their suggestions in this area. As much as I LOVE the way a good workout makes me feel overall (increased energy throughout the day, a good night's sleep, and a refreshed awakening in the AM)...once I skip a workout , it leads to another, then another then the next thing I know I've gone 2 wks, maybe 3 with no real workout--Like recently. I'm back at it now though.

Another thing I have made a commitment to is weighing myself and tracking it on a calendar every morning between 0430-0530. Many may disagree with this little ritual, but I don't get bent out of shape over a 1-lb gain or overly excited over a 2-lb loss unless it persists for several days to a week or longer. Of course, I only log in once a week.

Waiting to hear on what works as far as workouts/activity goes though...any takers?
  • Livn2Learn
    Options
    Tracking has been SO critical for me as well. It motivates me to stay with it and with the additional accountability, it makes it so much better!
  • Livn2Learn
    Options
    Nikegyrl79 - I am a fan of TurboFire and Zumba because they are just so darn fun to workout to no matter how I am feeling. The music is upbeat, Chalene is like a long-lost girlfriend, and I feel SO much better after I finish. I also just try to switch it up so I don't get bored, so have started jogging as well.