Och Aye The Noo

Options
dididede
dididede Posts: 61 Member
Found you! I knew there were Brits on here somewhere as it is all our own supermarkets food on the food listings on my App, so I was a bit put off when I discovered the forum part of the site yesterday and it was all Americans. (No that ther's owt wrong wi Americans, I just dinnae get some o their foods chat.)

So hi everyone I'm Diane and I'm looking to lose about 5 stone. How amazing is this site? I'm well chuffed, AND its all free which is always good being a Scot an all that lol. Did the WW thing and I did lose with it, but struggled to keep up the momentum. Does anyone else notice the similarities between their site and this one? And it's FREE!!! Did I mention that hehe.

Did my first weigh in last night and I've lost 3lb which is a good start. How about you? How are you all doing? Great to have found you!

Replies

• lalacroft25
    lalacroft25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    aberdeen or dundee by any chance lol. yeah i think this is very similar to ww, think this is better tho because you can add food if its not there and you know the info on it lol. im looking to lose about 3 stone. didnt do it properly last week but have been since that wi :)
  • heidibannister
    heidibannister Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    funny how we can't understand Americans as you say nothing personal buy nice to understand what we're eating, although can't say I'm too keen on haggis?
    Started on here in January and when I worked out the lbs!! managed to get from 195 down to 180. It's now september and I'm back at 195. Ahhhhhhhh.

Starting again and wanting motivation.
  • dididede
    Options
    aberdeen or dundee by any chance lol.

Edinburgh, you?

Yeah it takes a wee while to get used to eh? Good luck for this week!
  • dididede
    Options
    can't say I'm too keen on haggis?

HAGGIS nom nom you've got me salivating now hehe. Lovely as a starter, I usually do it in a stack on top of mashed potato and buttered swede, drizzled over with peppercorn or whiskey sauce mmmm. Not sure I'll be having it for a while now though I've started on here lol :-)

How are you getting on with going without your fave foods or altering how you prepare them?
  • Copperycat
    Copperycat Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hello from Perth! Nice to see a few local lassies on here! I've been doing this since May and lost a stone and a half. I love MFP, prefer it so much more than WW. Especially like the phone app with the barcode scanner. Good luck with your goals and feel free to add if you would like cheering on :)
  • heidibannister
    heidibannister Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Diane - sorry to get you salivating, I am cutting back on everything but feeling strong and motivated at the moment. Jut been on a nice bike ride with the dog and will be drinking lots of water today to keep me from getting hungry.

Loving the pig picture Copperycat, you have done so well, how long has it taken to drop the stone and a half - that's fab.
  • lalacroft25
    lalacroft25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    well from Edinburgh originally but stay in kirriemuir now. haggis is amazing hagiss neeps n tatties lol. ive also done slimming world. have some recipe books for them and its its great i can still use them jst transfer the ingredients onto here :)
  • dididede
    Options
    Hello from Perth! Nice to see a few local lassies on here! feel free to add if you would like cheering on :)

No half eh? Thanks I will and well done on your stone and a half loss that's great!
  • icklekimmy
    icklekimmy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Di you have found a few more of our fellow Scotties!!! Although me and haggis are no pals!

For those who I have not met I am Kim from Dundee (now live in smokietoon Arbroath). Being a typical scotch I think pre MFP I probably drank about 3000 calories a week!
  • dididede
    Options
    Hiya Kim, aye a think av foont maest o them noo!

Whuts the deal wi the haggis, ye hud a bad experience like? Hehe its an offy acquired taste int it, yer either dae or ye dinnae x