Vegan cream cheese

Options
Just in case anyone is wondering... Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese kicks Galaxy Nutritional Food's *kitten*. You have been warned.

Replies

• shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    thanks
  • livelongmama
    livelongmama Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Agreed!! And they have a non-hydrogenated version (in the yellow container).
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Just in case anyone is wondering... Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese kicks Galaxy Nutritional Food's *kitten*. You have been warned.

hmmmm

I love grinding raw cashews--with a little water and lemon juice in the food processor
    ---add more or less water to adjust the consistency to thick --cream cheesy--or
    lighter. Add chopped dates or scallions or garlic for a flavored cheese.

Personally, I think *this* raw cashew cheese wipes the floor with any other vegan cheese commercial or homemade:bigsmile:
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I love tofutti.
  • alane15
    alane15 Posts: 121 Member
    Options

hmmmm

I love grinding raw cashews--with a little water and lemon juice in the food processor
    ---add more or less water to adjust the consistency to thick --cream cheesy--or
    lighter. Add chopped dates or scallions or garlic for a flavored cheese.

Personally, I think *this* raw cashew cheese wipes the floor with any other vegan cheese commercial or homemade:bigsmile:

I am not a fan of tofutti cream cheese, but I would like to try this raw recipe. Sounds good to me! Thanks!
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of tofutti cream cheese, but I would like to try this raw recipe. Sounds good to me! Thanks!

I think it's better even than real cheese---Let me know how it goes!
  • darkling_glory
    darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Yes, Tofutti is my favorite! I just used some in a spinach-artichoke dip recipe and it was delish!
  • blkmlk
    Options
    I just saw this in the market the other day for the first time... Definitely want to try it now!