Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Like books? Get a tattoo!

Replies

• KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Badass!
  • AmyParker979
    AmyParker979 Posts: 84 Member
    5 and 10 totally rock!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    This is my favourite literary tattoo site: http://www.contrariwise.org/ Some awesome ones on there!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    these were awesome
  • Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Awesome! Thanks for posting :)
  • jillthrasher
    jillthrasher Posts: 9 Member
    Those are rad. I have a book inspired tattoo, the vampire lips from the cover of Christopher Moore's book You Suck, as seen here:
    http://purplebooky.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/yousuck.jpg

I like the all encompassing book love in those though, especially the card catalog.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    I was telling my boyfriend that I wanted to get a literary tattoo the other day! I was thinking of doing it in Tengwar or possibly Dwarvish runes but I am still not sure what I wanted for the passage - I was playing with some of the first lines from Lord of the rings:

The world is changed: Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

But that also might change..
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    a friend is contemplating this
    TWSbobapony-408x550.jpg
    just minus the EPIC WIN lettering

If I ever did a tattoo, I would want the Neverending Story tattoo
    bas-auryn.png
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,252 Member
    So Im getting "Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time " and the compass of the first map from the wheel of time. Yeah Im a geek but its been my favorite series since Iwas 13 and picked up the first book. I want others from the series but I have to plan out how I want them mixed together
  • Koldnomore
    So Im getting "Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time " and the compass of the first map from the wheel of time. Yeah Im a geek but its been my favorite series since Iwas 13 and picked up the first book. I want others from the series but I have to plan out how I want them mixed together

OOO that's a cool idea too! I'm waiting on the last of the books so I can finish the darn thing LOL
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,252 Member

OOO that's a cool idea too! I'm waiting on the last of the books so I can finish the darn thing LOL

I'm rereading in preperation for the last book. I'm on the gathering storm now and I should be on Towers of Midnight by saturday....I'm so excited for the last book Im gonna lock myself away and ignore the world when it come out. Ill finish it the first time in less than a night. Then I will re-read it at a slower pace just for the pure enjoyment of it .
  • Koldnomore
    I'm rereading in preperation for the last book. I'm on the gathering storm now and I should be on Towers of Midnight by saturday....I'm so excited for the last book Im gonna lock myself away and ignore the world when it come out. Ill finish it the first time in less than a night. Then I will re-read it at a slower pace just for the pure enjoyment of it .

I started that too but I had to slow down because I was reading a book every couple days and I don't want to be without a book for that long - that and my boyfriend was getting freaked out at my reading speed LOL. I'm nursing "The Gathering Storm" atm. As soon as I see the last of them I'll go back to my normal pace.