working out!

Options
jellamb
jellamb Posts: 1 Member
What's the best cardio exercise.

Replies

• amcollazo99
    Options
    This may seem cliché but, Running/Jogging is the best cardio to lose weight. However, if you are like me and just DO NOT like running/jogging, anything will do; walking, elliptical machines, bicycling, etc.

Hope that was helpful! :)

Have a good day and a great week!!
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    The best cardio to do is something that you enjoy. Sounds easy enough right? Ha!

I really enjoy dancing, so I take a lot of Zumba classes. They are fun, last an hour and burn a ton of calories!

I also have had trouble with self-motivation in the past, so I joined a bootcamp that integrates cardio with strength training in order to get a full body work out.

My best advice is to do something you enjoy or else you will dread working out.
  • corinne230lbs
    Options
    I have a trainer, and she told be that the best Cardio exercise you can do is the elliptical as it is easy on your joints and resembles running. To make it a harder cardio workout, she told me to put it on a setting that was hard but not too hard, them do a 5 minute warm up and then I give it my all for 30 seconds then you back off for a minute and a half then give it your all again for 30 seconds. 15 minutes of this intense cardio workout is equivalent to 45 minutes of just a regular cardio workout on the elliptical. Don't forget to do a 5 minute cool down when you are done! and drink lots of water!

Please note this is more likely going to work for people who really enjoy working out, and for people who like to challenge themselves.
  • nofailureallowed
    Options
    I agree, Zumba is great. Plus the hour goes by so quickly that you dont even notice that your sweating like crazy! lol
  • kimstaaa
    Options
    Zumba is fun but for me it just doesn't get my heart rate up enough to consider it serious cardio. When I'm not running I love using the elliptical. It's super easy on my knees and I can get a fantastic workout in. Cycle classes are great as well. If you have a good instructor the hour goes by fast!
  • momma712
    momma712 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I like turbo jam its like kick boxing and dancing mixed together i also like zumba
  • debiw1234
    Options
    What about strength training? I need to incorportate that into my week but don't know where to start.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    What about strength training? I need to incorportate that into my week but don't know where to start.
    I enjoy Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred (cause I can't afford a trainer and the gym). It's a great workout DVD, and give you some basic strength moves. It also gave me sexier muscles in the 37 days it took me to complete it. All I started with were 3 and 5 pound dumbbells.
  • debiw1234
    Options
    I enjoy Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred (cause I can't afford a trainer and the gym). It's a great workout DVD, and give you some basic strength moves. It also gave me sexier muscles in the 37 days it took me to complete it. All I started with were 3 and 5 pound dumbbells.

Thank you I will try that!
  • jnrinwa
    jnrinwa Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have been using the 30ds as well and have seen great results. I have stress fractures in both ankles (from the jumping jacks in the cardio portion), I am supposed to be taking it easy on the feet for 3 weeks and in the mean time I have still been doing the shred, just modifing portions that would strain my ankle. Even modified it is still a great workout. I am using 5lbs weights.