4 weeks postpartum - looking for fitness friends!

Options
Hi All!

My baby girl turned 4 weeks old yesterday. Time is flying!! I would love to make some fitness friends on there that I can help encourage and who can help encourage me. I'm 26 and this is my first little one and so far I've lost 1/2 the pregnancy weight, but still have 1/2 to go (20 pounds). I'm striving to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight - I was happy there. My doctor told me I can exercise as I see fit, but I'm still pretty sore from her birth, so I'm very limited. Walking is working well and light weights for upper body too. But, with having a newborn, time is SO limited. I'd love to hear tips from all the other mamas! I go back to work in 2 weeks and have no clue what I'll wear (my hips haven't shrunk back yet - so NOTHING fits!). I'm also exclusively breastfeeding, so hoping that can help me out too!

I look forward to new fitness friends!

Whitney

Replies

• Neaner2012
    Options
    Hi Whitney!
    I have a 10 week old baby and a 2.5 year old. I'm still wearing maternity and think I will be for a couple more months at least or until I cave and buy new clothes lol. I have 10 pounds to pp weight but 15 to goal.
    Keep walking as much as you can and start slowly rebuilding your core. Look on youtube for videos for postpartum core exercises.
    One thing I do is get videos ready on youtube while my baby is awake and then as soon as he's down I'm ready to go. I keep my mat and shoes and everything out. Even if you only get 10 min in, it's better than nothing!
    Good luck!
  • GettingFit4Real
    Options
    Hi
    My son was born 8/16 and I also have a daughter that just turned two on 8/15. I had a csection and I'm not able to fully exercise yet, but I am walking about 30 minutes a day. I am starting my diet tomorrow and just looking for support buddies. I dont think one can have to many lol.

Rina
  • Hearndt
    Hearndt Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    In the beginning I had to find things I could do with my son, like taking walks or doing lunges and squats. When they get a little older (about 3 month for us) it gets easier bc the think it's interesting to watch you while you work out from the comfort of their swing or bouncy chair.
  • AmelieJG
    Options
    Hi mine is 5 months old now (and I have a 4 yr old and a almost 3 yr old).
  • AmyRyan84
    AmyRyan84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 6 week pp with my second son. I also have an almost 2 year old. Looking for support in losing the second half of this baby weight as well.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've got a 3 year old and a 16 month old, and with both of them I started exercising 7 weeks post partum at the gym. I was out walking a lot earlier, I think when my son (my 1st) was 6 days old. I've been quite lucky with their births and delivered naturally and not needed stitches, so that made things easier. I was home 5 hours after having my daughter.

I feel sad for you that you have to be back at work so soon! In the UK we can have a year off for maternity leave. I had 9 months with my son and a year with my daughter.

They do a class in some places here called buggy fit, which is basically outside, and you take your buggy (pram/stroller, not sure if you use the word buggy in the US) and you run with it, then go somewhere like a park and do squats/lunges etc. Obviously you can do that kind of stuff on your own but it's nicer to be with other people.
  • mommy9kids
    mommy9kids Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Whitney! Our babies must have been born on the same day...August 20th? She is my ninth, my oldest will be 18 soon. I was very careful with what I ate during my pregnancy, and am about 14lbs less than when I got pregnant...yay...but still need to lose another 40 or so. Looking forward to getting to know all you ladies and joining you on the journey.
  • tobin1
    tobin1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    taking freind requests...the more the better this will be for all of us...so hit me up for friendships