Check-in!

Options
AsellusReborn
AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
Where is everyone? Are you going through your workouts but just don't feel the need to comment on them? Did you stop running? Did you have to repeat a week? Are you right on track?

The group has gone quiet - the first month we all posted a lot, and here Week 6 is just about over and the weekly thread doesn't even have a dozen posts :) What's the deal!

Remember, there's no right or wrong in how you go through the program - you're still lapping everyone on the couch, even if you're on week 3 and the person who joined after you is on week 5.

Replies

• ktb1962
    ktb1962 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Last week I completed Week 6/Days 1 & 2 and then on Day 3 about 15 minutes in, I had another pull in my right leg. Tried to run it out and did okay when I went really slow, but by the time things seemed okay, it was a lost cause and I was out of time since I run before work. I don't plan on re-doing day3, I will just move on to week 7 this week. I am going to change my schedule up and instead of M-W-F, will try Tues-Thurs-Sat/Sun. Just to see if that makes a difference, changing things up a little.

Hope everyone else is doing well!
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Ouch! D: Sorry to hear about that, injuries are no good!

I think skipping to day 1 of week 7 makes sense. The difference between the two workouts is so minor from here on out. You're doing awesome! :)
  • kehuizenga
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! I have been struggling a lot lately. I was feeling sick from running one week, but pushed through it and tried to repeat the week. I have been under a lot of stress lately and have had a hard time maintaining my sleeping schedule (my boyfriend works alternating shifts and I wake up in the middle of the night sometimes so we can talk on the phone), plus labor day and a visit to my parents did not help. I feel like I have regressed a lot by pretty much taking a couple of weeks off.

I am going to try week 3, day 1 tonight and see how it goes. If it feels ridiculously easy I will move on to week 4 day 2 on Wednesday, but either way I am going to work my way back up. I am a little disappointed in myself because I had so much motivation at first and now I am struggling to keep my motivation up. Now that it is dark in the mornings I have a much harder time waking up too. I think I am going to sign up for a 5k ASAP to keep my motivation up. And from now on I am being very strict with myself about bedtime.
  • lepow
    lepow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Well, I've been feeling behind because I've been going "slower" than the program. I'm currently halfway through week 5, and completely amazed at how long I can jog and not stop. I love it!
  • Kamnikar64
    Kamnikar64 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I've been fighting Plantar Fasciits since July and really messed up my foot in week 7. I have spent last week and this week resting it. No high heel shoes, I'm sleeping in a foot brace made especially for the condition. Yesterday was the first day where the pain was just an occasional "eek" and some achieness (can't spell that). I'm going to start walking slow on an incline this weekend and see how it goes.

The rest of you: Great Job!