Hope for you! PCOS and 5 weeks preggy!

Options
angelraguel
angelraguel Posts: 142 Member
Quick intro about me-

I have been trying for over 4 years now to get pregnant and been unsuccessful.

I went to a fertility clinic 3 years ago and they refused to help me inless I lost some weight, They were really unhelpful and this made things worse for me and I put on more weight.

I went back to the clinic this year 2 weeks into jan and again they told me they wont help until ive lost weight.
So this time because they have agreed to see my in July rather than just discharge me like they did all those years ago, I actually have a chance and have decided that this is the year I must lose this weight as I approach 30!

EXCITING NEWS!!!!! - I found out tuesday night that i am pregnant :D! I was due to start fertility treatment next wednesday! (HOW IRONIC) so its a hell of a shock! They think im about 5 weeks. very early days but im going to try and stay positive and pray my hormones stay good as having PCOS can upset hormone balances and could result in misscarriage.
I really do believe this has happened because of the changes I made about 6-7 weeks ago when i paid to see a nutritinist! I have lost 53 ibs and still have another 70ibs to go! however when and if i reach the second trimester the scales are going to be put away and im just gonna eat when hungry etc.

Please dont give up your dreams ladys cos i almost did and after 4 years its happenend!

Replies

• karenk89
    karenk89 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congratulations that is fabulous news I hope everything goes great for you :)
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, congrats!
  • Caryn03
    Caryn03 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful news. Congrats and keep up the good work. Wishing for a happy and healthy pregnancy for you. Keep us updated with how things are going.
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Be careful on that "im just gonna eat when hungry etc," because they tested me early, because PCOS women have a higher tendency to get Gestational Diabetes. I was on the Gestational Diabetes diet my whole pregnancy and I could only eat so much a day. It was the worst diet I had ever been on.
  • angelraguel
    Options
    well it cant be much worse than the diet im on now lol! I only eat real foods and no crap what so ever (salads/meat/veggies/nuts/fish/milks) but I am insulin sensitive and I do have a bad feeling that no matter how good I eat I think it will develop as im still seriously obese, still not in the overweight category yet, but im still planning on trying to lose for the next few weeks until I see the midwife to find out what foods/calories im suppose to eat then I can go from there. was that so much sugars/carbs you could eat in a day mistress? or was it more calories a day? am curious =/
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    It was horrible. 30 carbs for breakfast, 15 carbs snack, 30 carbs for lunch, 15 carbs snack, 30 carbs dinner, 15 carbs snack. That was the maximum I could have a day and that way only. I also had to pair a protein with my carbs so my body would process it right. It was hard, and my hubby says I got evil on it.
  • angelraguel
    Options
    ooo! well i try and keep to under 100 carbs a day anyway and i normally average in at around 60. I try and have a carb with each meal but that can be difficult, i dont tend to snack much untill night when i eat nuts cos for some reason thats when i get seriously hungry! its always about 11 pm everynight. the diet you were put on sounds very similar to the one im on now, which has made me feel better cos I was a bit unsure if i was starving the lil foetus but it sounds like you were okay on it whilst preggy so hopefully I should be too. I may increase my carbs soon as last week i was quite tired, however the last 2 days ive felt more awake. yer am not suprised u got grouchy on low carbs cos when i first started low carbs I was just the same lol!
  • 2SecondChances
    Options
    Congrats!! Keep us posted! :)
  • srivo
    Options
    Congrats! Stories like this inspire me to keep going... :)
  • andro12
    Options
    Congratulations to you! Here's to a wonderful health pregnancy!! Seriously, your post made me cry I'm so happy for you!
  • aspahr11610
    Options
    Congrats!!! Thats motivation for someone who just started this journey yesterday.
  • Merc1212
    Options
    What amazing news, I'm so happy for you!
  • Merc1212
    Options
    That is amazing Congrats, and H&H9M!!!!
  • angelraguel
    Options
    aww thanks for all the messages!

well heres an update... i am now 11 weeks and 2 days and sadly still cant stomach anything healthy so sadly this poor lil fetus has had nothing but junk which makes me feel like a terrible parent already but as soon as sickness has passed its back to healthy proper food! i have my proper official scan on 12th october and this time wont see white rings lol ill actually see something that looks like a baby! as so far all i have seen is white rings due to emergency scans.

keep going people with ur diets and try and make better choices cos i rly do believe cutting out sugars helps alot with pcos! xx