Prego Work Out Routines

Options
stacnm
stacnm Posts: 47 Member
Hi Ladies!
What kind of work out routines do you do/have you done and at what week(s) in your pregnancy? I have been doing kettlebells a few days a week with running (3 miles at a time) the other days a week. But now I am 12 weeks and I am feeling the changes in my body with these exercises. Thinking about maybe doing some swimming. So just wondering what you have done (exercise-wise) at the different weeks of your pregnancy. Thanks for sharing!

Replies

• jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I am 26 weeks and still go running at least 2-3 times a week. I have had to cut back because it has just been to hot and i dont want to get too overheated. I still Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire and lower impact Insanity.

Basically i do the same workouts but just modified them a little as i have gotten bigger.
  • abitzan
    abitzan Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am 21 weeks and i dropped down to walking or trotting because i didn't like the though or feeling of peanut bouncing in me. I also added in a yoga class(for me to attend and not teach) and a water aerobics class.
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I was doing walking at a face pace for 1 hour a day but my Dr said I can't workout at all anymore due to some issues I was having. But, I loved my daily walks.
  • mainesm
    mainesm Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Before I did spin, step, Zumba, jogging... but not very consistently. I slowed down even more since being pregnant. Talked to my Doc about my weight and she said I needed to get back to the gym. So now I walk with my dogs, Zumba once a week and step once a week. I use to do everything High Intensity, but I find that I can't do it anymore... so I do everything med-low intensity depends on the movement. I've also started doing some Turbo Jam (Lower Body Jam) on days I don't feel like leaving the house... I choose Lower Body Jam b/c I feel as if my thighs are expanding farther than my belly! LOL

I feel a lot better on the days/weeks that I do something active.
  • stacnm
    stacnm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for their replies. I started swimming today and forgot what a good work out it can be. I'm excited to go along and see what I can still do and how I need to modify. :-)