I WANT TO DIE!

Options
Not really...but my calves are in serious pain. I don't know how I will do my workout tomorrow. I completed week 1 day 3 today. I wanted to die. Is it normal to stop a lot during the work out? It's soooooo fast! Was anyone else as sore as me?

Replies

• jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Please don't die!!!!! :laugh:

I finished Week 2, Day 3 today and it is amazing how much my body has adapted. Yes, I felt like my calves were ripping apart every time I moved last week. I literally hurt from my neck to the tips of my toes. It hurt to stand, to pee, cough, everything. You will have "recovery" day tomorrow, but don't expect an easy day. There's alot of stretching and alot of sweating, but you will feel better afterwards. I think I had a epsom salt bath on Thursday after Recovery and that seemed to help, and I popped some ibuprofen. I really didn't see how it could get any much, seeing how much I hurt last week, but this week I only have that "good" soreness that lets me know I had a tough workout. People had told me that it would hurt less, and they were right. Now, you have something to look forward to....in addition to your rest day. Whoot Whoot!

Are you drinking any kind of recovery drink afterwards? I don't have a big budget for the fancy stuff, so I drink a glass of milk. I tried chocolate milk yesterday and today I added a scoop of protein powder to a glass of milk. I felt great after both of those, better than just regular milk. But you will need something afterwards to help your body recover, if you aren't already.

And yes, it is totally normal to take lots of breaks. Just watch the participants on the videos, they take breaks too. I've worked out hard 5-6x per week for the past four months or more, and I take breaks. I thought I was a bad mamma-jamma for doing Turbo Jam PLUS mixing in 10 Minute Trainer just prior to this. I ate humble pie. This is a HARD program. Be confident in the fact that you are just doing it and not stopping.

ETA: Your kids are adorable!!!
  • enjvanbeb
    Options
    Please don't die!!!!! :laugh:

I finished Week 2, Day 3 today and it is amazing how much my body has adapted. Yes, I felt like my calves were ripping apart every time I moved last week. I literally hurt from my neck to the tips of my toes. It hurt to stand, to pee, cough, everything. You will have "recovery" day tomorrow, but don't expect an easy day. There's alot of stretching and alot of sweating, but you will feel better afterwards. I think I had a epsom salt bath on Thursday after Recovery and that seemed to help, and I popped some ibuprofen. I really didn't see how it could get any much, seeing how much I hurt last week, but this week I only have that "good" soreness that lets me know I had a tough workout. People had told me that it would hurt less, and they were right. Now, you have something to look forward to....in addition to your rest day. Whoot Whoot!

Are you drinking any kind of recovery drink afterwards? I don't have a big budget for the fancy stuff, so I drink a glass of milk. I tried chocolate milk yesterday and today I added a scoop of protein powder to a glass of milk. I felt great after both of those, better than just regular milk. But you will need something afterwards to help your body recover, if you aren't already.

And yes, it is totally normal to take lots of breaks. Just watch the participants on the videos, they take breaks too. I've worked out hard 5-6x per week for the past four months or more, and I take breaks. I thought I was a bad mamma-jamma for doing Turbo Jam PLUS mixing in 10 Minute Trainer just prior to this. I ate humble pie. This is a HARD program. Be confident in the fact that you are just doing it and not stopping.

ETA: Your kids are adorable!!!

Thank you so much for your reply. I have been drinking a protein shake every morning before my workouts. Should I be drinking them afterwards? I can't afford the fancy shmancy stuff either.

Have you noticed any results from Insanity?

I will look forward to the days ahead. I'm not quitting. I was doing awesome with running and eating right until I ran my 10k. After that, I've kind of fell off the wagon and gained 5 lbs, and can't even run 3 miles now. Ugh. Amazing how fast our bodies backtrack.

I love how much I sweat with this program. I've never sweat so much in my life. Especially during the stretching! LOVE!
  • jfrankic
    Options
    I wondered if everyone poured out the sweat during the stretches. I have to mop up my tile floor after the stretches so I don't slip when it starts back up! I'm glad you are getting back on track. I'll send you a friend request....NOW!

From what I understand (and I am NO expert), but you need the protein and carbs after the workout. I know it is information overload on MFP and on the net, but I read this article today and it seems to sum up the post-workout meal nicely. http://www.intense-workout.com/post_workout.html

As far as results, I haven't lost any pounds that I know of, but I've been stalled for a month so I'm not weighing until the end of the month. I can see a difference in my legs and shoulders for sure. I just feel stronger, too. I did drop a pants size, but I doubt that was all from Insanity since I'm only in week two. As I said in my previous post, I've been working out pretty hard so it was coming. I do have very high expectations for results, both in strength and stamina and in pounds/inches/toning.
  • Belligerent_Wombat
    Options
    Hi there!

I am on day 5 of week 8. I've lost 38 lbs since I started at the beginning of August. Yeah, it sucks right now. But you know what? This stuff works. I am below 300 lbs for the first time in 12 years (my husband has never known me under 300). I´m actually scared of stopping this workout because I've had so much success! :o)

Please don't stop. It DOES get better, and it is SO WORTH IT!

YOU CAN DO THIS! DIG DEEPER!
    Heather
    La Maestra
  • enjvanbeb
    Options
    Hi there!

I am on day 5 of week 8. I've lost 38 lbs since I started at the beginning of August. Yeah, it sucks right now. But you know what? This stuff works. I am below 300 lbs for the first time in 12 years (my husband has never known me under 300). I´m actually scared of stopping this workout because I've had so much success! :o)

Heather
    La Maestra

Awww! Thank you so much! And good for you! That is awesome! I will keep at it. Day 4 tomorrow! Love that so many of you are on the same journey!
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    oh yea it hurts but make sure you strech good...behind the legs mostly.... Easy to get hurt ( trust me )
    I take my protein shake after my workout cause your body craves protein and that way it doesn't take it in your muscles....
    I use Recovery drink during my workout... The one I use is by Dymatize - Elite Recoup - Punch (IM CRAZY ABOUT IT) taste awesome and helps me so so so much with my recovery,soreness etc...oh yea, this one can be taken during or after and it's mix with water with zero calories too :)

Keep it up!!!! :)

http://sscontent.com/products/12/dymatize_elite-recoup-advanced-recovery-system-1035g_1.jpg
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    After the first few days, my back hurt so bad that I was SURE I pulled something. I kept on pushing on, though, and like everyone else said, my body adapted. The first couple days are going to be real tough because your body isn't used to that much physical activity! And I agree with everyone too, I have never sweated that much in my life. I keep a full sized towel with me every time I do the workout because the sweat is just pouring off my body. Keep pushing as much as you can do and you'll get good results. And always look forward to the rest days and really treat them like rest days so that your body can recover :) I'm on the last day of week 3 right now and I'm already noticing results.
  • jfrankic
    Options
    Hi there!

Heather
    La Maestra

Wow, Heather! Amazing results so far and what a wonderful success story. Congratulations and way to go!!
  • enjvanbeb
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your responses! So nice to read that i'm not the only one going through this pain! I just finished my day 4 Cardio Recovery. LOVED it! The sweat was still pouring off of me. I don't know what to put for calories burnt? Anyone have any idea? I just put it in my Exercise log as General Aerobics.
  • shinkalork
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your responses! So nice to read that i'm not the only one going through this pain! I just finished my day 4 Cardio Recovery. LOVED it! The sweat was still pouring off of me. I don't know what to put for calories burnt? Anyone have any idea? I just put it in my Exercise log as General Aerobics.

It's complicated ...you need an HRM.... to mesure exactly what you'll lose...I'm waiting for mine...EBAY lol
    For now....Check with circuit training,cross-fit etc... it's similar.
  • jfrankic
    Options

I use a HRM so I'm not sure about what to log it as. I think there is a stretching option but I'm not sure. I didn't wear it today since it gets wonky sometimes during stretches. I just used last week's numbers to calculate and I burned 166. I don't "eat back" exercise calories since I eat the set amount calculated in the Insanity nutrition plan, so I don't worry about the burn on something like this so much. I do LOVE to see those high burns on the other workouts though.

I was still really sore last week when I did Cardio Recovery so it was not very fun, but this week it was wonderful. See, you just have great things to look forward to next week. :bigsmile:
  • shinkalork
    Options
    I was still really sore last week when I did Cardio Recovery so it was not very fun, but this week it was wonderful. See, you just have great things to look forward to next week. :bigsmile:

Yea, Cardio Rec burns so so much..... terrible! but good pain! :)
  • marleysmollie
    Options
    chocolate milk is a great inexpensive protein substitute. :)
  • Belligerent_Wombat
    Options
    I'M PROUD OF YOU!!!
  • Belligerent_Wombat
    Options
    Hi there!

Heather
    La Maestra

Wow, Heather! Amazing results so far and what a wonderful success story. Congratulations and way to go!!

Thank you so much! I'm so stoked that I only have six workouts left! LOL
  • MariaNeustaeter
    Options
    My calves really hurt the first week as well. I am on week 1 , 4 days. Has anyone else not lost any weight ?. I have been doing the work out for about 25-30 min 5 times a week.
  • jfrankic
    Options
    My calves really hurt the first week as well. I am on week 1 , 4 days. Has anyone else not lost any weight ?. I have been doing the work out for about 25-30 min 5 times a week.

I haven't weighed but I hear it is common to have little weight loss the first month and see better weight loss results the second. Have you taken before measurements? These should show results after the first month if you measure again. Also, you should definitely be feeling stronger the second week, then you have the fit test on wk 3, day 1. All of these things will be great at showing your progress vs just numbers on the scale. Congrats on this Insanity journey. Keep it up and welcome to the group!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

I haven't weighed but I hear it is common to have little weight loss the first month and see better weight loss results the second. Have you taken before measurements? These should show results after the first month if you measure again. Also, you should definitely be feeling stronger the second week, then you have the fit test on wk 3, day 1. All of these things will be great at showing your progress vs just numbers on the scale. Congrats on this Insanity journey. Keep it up and welcome to the group!

My calves were KILLING me the whole first week, but after that it all went away. Stick with it, the results are amazing! I'm only just finished with week three, and even though I've lost just 4 lbs, I've seen a huge change in my body. I have also heard that month one is slow for loss and month two is where the biggest results are. I've lost more than 12 inches already and I'm not even halfway through. You can do it!
  • shinkalork
    Options
    seriously... since I take time to stretch well, EVERYDAY! and even a bit more than the videos etc and taking some Recovery formula.... BCAA,Elite Recoup or anykind...As long as there's some BCAA,Glutamines in it.... to help soreness and muscles breakdown.... I feel so so so good.... I'm never ever sore anymore....Even after Cardio Recovery.
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    Hi there!

Heather
    La Maestra

If you don't mind me asking..what was your starting weight doing this. I feel so out of shape after being over 250 lbs down to 141. I'm thinking something is wrong with me! I started today, and I only made it half way through the first workout!