South Africa - Restaurant Nutritional Info

Options
Hey Guys

Here's a lekker site of places that have nutritional info for their menu :)
Very helpful if you are planning on eating out.

http://www.freeit.co.za/

I'm sure there are more out there. Anybody know of more?

Replies

• BodyElectric1
    BodyElectric1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Debonairs has a PDF download with their calorie content. It shows per slice, 100g, whole pizza or sub, etc. www.debonairs.co.za

I've been on the KFC and McDonald's sites before for their menu plan and it doesn't have everything, and often the info is added incorrectly if there is.

Don't know about any others. I don't eat out much.
  • natalieg9199
    Options
    Thanks for this! I'm not sure about websites, but most Wimpy's and Steer's will give you a nutritional booklet if you ask for one. Plus Spur has a nutritional calculator on its website, which is how I discovered that an original Spur burger has almost 1400 calories! Excluding the chips!
  • heidimaggott78
    Options
    Mugg&Bean don't have any nutritional info available, and they seemed surprised that I emailed them to request it.
  • Leeloominai01
    Leeloominai01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Heidi Mugg & Bean is a local favourite of mine as well, and their lack of NI is frustrating. Please share if you get anything from them!
  • firedupfriend
    firedupfriend Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Mugg&Bean don't have any nutritional info available, and they seemed surprised that I emailed them to request it.

Did Mugg and bean ever respond to your request?
  • heidimaggott78
    Options

Did Mugg and bean ever respond to your request?

They replied that they do not have any ifo available. They did not say whether it was in the pipelines or not.
  • Leeloominai01
    Leeloominai01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Well that sucks. I think legislation should move in the direction of also having restaurants, especially chain restaurants/take aways, make their nutritional information available.
  • BodyElectric1
    BodyElectric1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I agree Leelominai
  • firedupfriend
    firedupfriend Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Third world..........
  • claresusan
    claresusan Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Lol, but hey, we live in a First world African country - note: hint of sarcasm!!