Week 1 Chat 9/15-9/22

Options
2»

Replies

• kzooprincess
    kzooprincess Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have a question...I have two small kids (2 and 5) and work a full time job. My commute everyday is an hour on way. How would be the best way for me to get a great work out in.
    Here is my routine, In the mornings before anyone gets up I do 10 minutes. At work I walk 30 to 40 and when I get home I may get a chance to do about 20 to 25(tae bo or 30 DS). I do not know if I am really getting a good workout or not. I would like any help, please.

I think you're doing great. That's at least 60 minutes of exercise. Nobody said you have to do it all at once. With kids you have to get exercise in where you can!
  • LittleBallofFurr
    LittleBallofFurr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have a question...I have two small kids (2 and 5) and work a full time job. My commute everyday is an hour on way. How would be the best way for me to get a great work out in.
    Here is my routine, In the mornings before anyone gets up I do 10 minutes. At work I walk 30 to 40 and when I get home I may get a chance to do about 20 to 25(tae bo or 30 DS). I do not know if I am really getting a good workout or not. I would like any help, please.

I hear you!! I have a 3yo son and a 4yo daughter and a full time nursing job as well. (that usually goes over scheduled hours) I use my breaks and lunch at work to walk laps around the building, i also use a pedometer and try to outmatch steps daily. I live in a pretty small mobile home as well, so by the time i get home i dont have alot of room to work out. I have days where i take a deck of cards and everytime i pass lets say...the bathroom or kitchen counter I flip a card over and do the corresponding number of either jumping jacks, situps, pushups or lunges depending on the day. its hard with kids and a full time job. I hear ya. GOOD LUCK!
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Way to go you moms! You probably are burning way more than you think running after the kids and the stress. I'm a mother of two, a 10 and 12 year old. Life is just as stressful but different. I finally have time to exercise so that's the best thing about the kids getting older.

I'm excited about this challenge. I cant wait to look cute in christmas dress and actually pose for the camera instead of hiding behind a kid, a plant, or anything that would cover my lower haf! I tend to go up and down in weight. I tend to lose and gain the same 4 lbs and then drop dramatically. So I think I'm just gonna focus on gettin a couple inches off my belly. But at this moment all I can think about is running. How to run faster. I have two 5ks coming up and I just want to beat my time.
    :drinker:
  • sboo
    sboo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!!! I am working hard and trying to keep my goal in mind daily (So I can look the other way when I see temptations). This is my biggest challenge , well and getting in my water.
  • Michael520
    Options
    Good change of pace today. Ate at crazy bowls and wraps and had the Power Bowl. Very filling and under 500 calories, you can't beat it! I'm not sure if the nutritional information is totally up to date though, it seemed sketchy. But I feel good about what I ate, and know that I'm doing the right thing.
    Had a little scare yesterday in my ever increasing will power, I realized that my potassium was down and all of a sudden I couldn't focus (literally) with my eyes. Now looking for more nutritious options.
  • kzooprincess
    kzooprincess Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Signed up for an "Active Challenge" at work. Starts Monday and we were to select the level of fitness minutes we thought would be the most challenging (100, 200, or 300). I went for the gusto and selected 300 minutes/wk. It lasts for 6 weeks and if I can hit my goal every week, I will be entered into a drawing for various drawings.

Looking forward to that challenge assisting me in my goal of 15lbs for this challange.
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Doing good so far! One day at a time. I'm still having a problem getting enough calories in without going over in carbs or fats. I did add some fat free cream cheese to my wraps and some homel 70% reduced fat pepperoni's which have helped. I'm getting in about 30 minutes of workouts each day. I have two daily mini challenges that I am in and then I walk for 20 minutes at lunch. Still need to up my calories without going over on my fats & carbs. I'm looking at starting the 30 day shred but need to get a new remote for my dvd player this weekend. This should help me lose some body fat. My goal is 10% loss of body fat.