Is this normal???

Options
After I had my daughter a little over two months ago, I right away lost about 30 lbs. I started working out about 2 weeks post partum . Since then I haven't lost any weight, not really much in inches either. Is it normal to be stagnant in weight loss after pregnancy? I wasn't expecting to loose a ton of weight but a pound or two would be nice. Something to let me know I'm headed in the right direction.

Replies

• mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    sounds normal to me. Everyone is different though. Are you breastfeeding?
  • jtowle777
    jtowle777 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me after having my son, and until I started really working hard on diet and exercise the scale didn't budge.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I think it takes a while for your body to realise that it's not pregnant anymore so you still have all those pregnancy hormones that prevent you from losing weight too fast.

I started exercising at 7 weeks post partum with both my children, and weight loss was slower to begin with, but then it became quicker. I was losing inches though.

I guess it depends on how much you still have to lose. Also, if you're breastfeeding then your body tends to cling on to some fat.
  • oJulia
    Options
    It sounds normal to me. After my first, I lost about 40lbs right away then plateaued for a few weeks. After a while, the weight started coming off at a steady rate.
    This time, I didn't gain as much and have lost 30lbs (I'm 6 weeks pp today) and have now plateaued again. I have 10 pounds until my pre-pregnancy weight.
  • AmyRyan84
    AmyRyan84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 6 weeks PP and actually gained 2 lbs even though I've been walking 3+ miles a day and watching what I eat. I also breastfeed. It's actually why I joined this. I'm so frustrated. I've lost 16 of the 32 I gained so far and most of that came right off...now NOTHING. I'm also breastfeeding.