Hypo: New York gets into Euro league.

Options
Laces_0ut
Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
lets say in a decade or two a European superleague is formed with the tops teams of each league and lets assume New York is allowed in. since they would be an expansion team of sorts maybe they are given a 5 year grace period where they could not be relegated(where they are relegated to is another debate).

to my fellow Americans would they become your favorite team? why/why not? tonon americans would u want a US team involved? they would bring a lot of money/exposure etc...

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    if i still lived on the east coast they would definitely become my favorite team because id be able to get to a few games a year. i guess no matter what they'd become my favorite since my current favorite team is pretty arbitrary anyway.
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    No they would not. I would still support the team I've been supporting all along. I might cheer them on, if they weren't in direct competition with my squad, but they're not going to supersede my current preference.
  • herrhitman
    Options
    No I would not be my favorite team. I root against all New York teams. And I would still root for my current favorite teams.
  • aaroboy21
    aaroboy21 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I would definatly follow New York, and cheer for them and hope they represent the MLS well, but as a fan your loyalty stays with your squad. They would not become my fav. team, but would love to see how they stack up against the other squads.
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    no way was born with a black and white jersey and will die with one
    Juve
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i support DC United when they lose (which they do, early and often). i support them when they win (a distant memory at this point). i'm a red and black girl.