Elliptical trainer and cutting calorie intake

amalik3511
amalik3511 Posts: 104 Member
Hi Guys,

I have been a member for the Myfitness pal for long but only took my weight seriuosly arnd 2 weeks back. i weigh extremely high from a very young age and continue to be so now.

I have cut down my calorie intake to around 1500 cal / per day and doing elliptical trainer for at least 30 min per day.

My elliptical reads close to 550 after 30 min.

i am looking for others to keep myself inspired.

As well, I want to know if it really is that good to do elliptical, in past I did thread mill but the outcome was very less.

Thanks.

Replies

• Aquarian
    Aquarian Posts: 1,094 Member
    I have had good results from the trainer. I do 10 kms everyday. When I started, I couldn't do more than 3 - 4 minutes, but now I can do 30 easily and once did 1 hour as well. My fitness has increased and with good eating, I have lost a lot of weight. Good luck!
  • Hello there Malik,
    Running or jogging including the Thread mill makes an impact on the joints of ur legs. To generalize every exercise has got its own positive and negative effects on body. Running on a thread mill has less effect on ur leg joints when compared to the freestyle running outside on the roads. But on the other hand an Elliptical bike or a cross trainer, it minimizes the amount of pressure on ur joints besides burning same or even more calories than a Thread mill in a given time.
    Not to forget that Elliptical cycle gives u a complete body work out and I specially think the cardio mode or Hills/ Valleys mode works extraordinarily to burn maximum calories.
    Just to add it is my personal favorite to loose weight..!!!
    Therez a guy on Youtube called scooby, search for scooby workshop....he stresses on doing cardio for atleast 40 minutes morning and evening everyday if u r serious about loosing weight....!!!
  • amalik3511
    amalik3511 Posts: 104 Member
    Hi Aquarian and Oho556...thnx for the guidance...I have been trying about 40-50 min per day and have been sweating out around 650 cal, first week has given results but will wait for around first 5 weeks to know what's that I have been able to achieve...

Thnx for help to keep me motivated...