is this messed up?..

Options
when i was losing weight, at school a girl said i looked anorexic and at first it made me really sad and i almost cried, but then i realized i kinda liked it

i wish i could get back to that:/

Replies

• petite_boleyn
    Options
    Most normal people would say it is messed up, but I can totally understand where you're coming from. My best friend said I looked "gaunt", and the first thing I thought was that it meant I looked skinny. I took it as a compliment.

I think as people we kind of just skew everything, so don't feel too bad.
  • lyra97
    lyra97 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i've had people call me fat the same time others caled me skinny and it hurts emotionally to hear that!
  • 2snowmen
    2snowmen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I love it when people tell me I've lost weight and that I'm too skinny or something along those lines...I pretend like it's no big deal or deny it, but I love hearing it--I smile on the inside. I miss it when people would complain to me that I've lost too much weight...I need to get back there. :(
  • Dancerbean
    Options
    To others, yes. To me, no because I know exactly how you feel. A couple years ago now I was at a point where I had to be hospitalized because I was too thin to function. However, when people told me I was too skinny, I liked it. I found it encouraging, and would go home and work out even more. Why people saying I'm too skinny is motivating to lose more weight, I don't know - I can't explain in. But after treatment and a few things in my life this past year, I've put on some weight. All I want is to go back. I think of how skinny I was, the compliments I got, just...everything. And I just want to go back, be the way I was with the ED. Again, why I don't know, and I can't tell this to anyone else because they'll think I'm crazy and that it is messed up, but to me it's not.

So you are definitely not alone in feeling like you do!