Seeking "Friends" on a journey of change to find themselves

Options
Dianecg
Dianecg Posts: 44 Member
Hi All. I am 47 yo with 2 children - a 27 yo son and 17 yo daughter. And, last but not least, a husband with medical problems. I'm looking for "friends" in their mid-to-late 40's who understand what it's like to be in a career/job that just doesn't satisfy you anymore due to burnout, not believing in the purpose, or simular (even if the money is not bad) or who want to re-discover who they really are (outside of their role at their job), who have used food to get through the stressors of life while carrying the world on your shoulders, and who really want to go through a journey of discovering who they are without the titles. It's not just about the weight loss; it's got to be about learning how to live.

Replies

• ROWinCO
    Options
    I am early forty's, add me if you like. I can relate to the job burn out and my nest is getting closer to empty. I enjoy my job at times, but recently moved and I am finding it more challenging to do a good job.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 ... you can add me as a friend!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    you can all add me, i am on every single day.
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm 47 Mama to one 26 year old daughter. The journey to find yourself is hard. So much is placed on women and apperence. We need to learn to love Us first. But we are so busy taking care of everything else. That we become lost in the progress. You can add me . Peace and Bless you on this journey Miss Julie
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    Yes 52 year old 2 grown kids age 30 and 32 and two more set of kids (family joke a close set of almost twins) 9 and 10
    Took time of being a Nurse now going to be going back to work
  • Ldysw357
    Ldysw357 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Wow, reading your post hits home! I'm a 42 year old mother of a 21 and 16 year old and in a job that pays decently, but I hate! My husband works out of state now (thank you WV for not brining in jobs), so I'm on my own more often than not anymore. Food has always been my comfort zone. I need to find something else and move on. I've recently signed up for some sewing classes in hopes of finding something else to fill my time (in addition to the many dogs I have). Feel free to add me or find me on FB too! Would love to make some new friends that understand where I'm at.
  • NmbersGal
    Options
    Hi! I'm also 47 and a mother of two girls - 19 and 13 years old. It sounds like a pretty common theme for the women/mothers of the house to lose themselves in the child raising years so you don't need to feel alone. It has only been in the past 6 months that I've started to take charge of my life again and it feels good! Using MFP to help me along the way to optimum health and fitness was not only recommended to me by my doctor but by friends too. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • WurkinOnIt
    WurkinOnIt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd love to take the journey but I can't seem to find the road.... :-)
  • Frogger54
    Frogger54 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi, friend me if you like. Your message hit close to home me. My daughter (22) is about to graduate college and my son (20) just got married in July.
  • cjskmom
    Options
    This is my first post on MFP, but your message was timely for me. I'm early 40s, but absolutely going through what you described. I have a good job that pays well, but I am BORED and feel very unfulfilled professionally. I have a 7 year old daughter & almost 10 year old son that are just amazing. They keep me grounded. I also have a loving and supportive husband. But to get to where I am in life has taken a toll on me, both physically and emotionally. A sense of purpose is what I'm after. Hard to do when you have a life and obligations that you can't just walk away from. Still, I'm determined to tackle each day, one at a time and get to a more fulfilling life. It's not only critical for me personally, but also for the example I want to set for my children. And to get there, I know I need support. So, friends welcome!
  • ajpeardon
    ajpeardon Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ok, so this is my first post to a board:) I could have written your post! I am 43 and have lost and gained large amounts of weight over my adult years and have most recently lost 30 (again) and hoping to not "find" it any time soon!!! I want to be a hot momma, not the fat and gross one that my kids friends make fun of-lol!!!! Two kids, also 7 and 11, but both boys and also a great hubby! Job is eh, but pay and flexibility are great so I continue to suck it up too! Fall is tough for me to feel a sense of purpose because all 3 of my guys play football and are busy with practice and games and I am left home alone with the laundry, cleaning and chasing everyone around-lots of time to feel sorry for myself-ha! Ya think I would get out there and go for a walk or something-naaaa!

Anyway, let's do this and fulfill our lives together gang!!!!! Today I am going to cross at least 2 long term to dos off my list at work so I can start moving forward-how about you????
  • troubled2
    troubled2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! I am 49yrs old and tired of life living me! I want my life back ! :grumble:
  • Kyrren
    Kyrren Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can relate to sooo many on this board. I will be 42 in Dec and have 4 children oldest is 17 and youngest is 2 (yes I said 2 it is not a typo :) ). I also hve a husband who travels 60 percent of the year. So, I am a single parent a lot of days and find it difficult to get exercise in or really to do much of anything for myself.

But my resolution is that I need to do SOMETHING for myself to be better for everyone else.

I started back dieting on Sept 17 and began exercise this week. So Far, So Good.
  • LeggyAmericanGirl
    LeggyAmericanGirl Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I see this as a transformation and lifestyle change.
  • erinmgill
    Options
    Hi, though I do not have any kids, or a husband, I can relate to the journey of finding myself. I am 40 (will be 41 in February) and seem to have tried, tried, tried, and tried some more in my life, for my education, career, relationships, you name it, and still have not been able to find peace and contentment. I am a little over 4 months into a job that I had very high hopes for. I even bought a house thinking that 'this is it', that this would be the beginning of peace and contentment with my life. Instead I am inches away from quitting because the job has turned out to be more demeaning than fulfilling. I devoted 12 years of my life to graduate education so just sucking it up is not going to work for me. Plus aside from friends and family, I don't have any family of my own to keep me grounded. All of this sounds pretty depressing, but actually in some ways I am feeling better about my life now than I have in awhile. I just need to find the right job and follow through on my promises to myself to seek health and wellness, peace and contentment. This is definitely a journey, so add me if you'd like to. Good luck to everyone.