What type of exercises do you do?

Options
ewestsca
ewestsca Posts: 63 Member
I've just started exercising for the first time a month ago. So far I'm going to a weekly spin class, I a have a training session with a trainer once a week and I've done yoga a couple of times. I also go run on the treadmill for an hour twice a week. I'm trying to go to the gym 4 times a week for an hour.

What is everyone else doing?

Replies

• lepow
    lepow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 6 of the couch to 5k program, and I try to do some strength training 1-2 times a week. I used to do Zumba and Body Jam classes when I first started exercising, and I'm going to be starting a new Zumba class at the local community center this week also.
  • mluanne33
    mluanne33 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I do the Leslie Sansone 5 Day Slim Down Walking DVD. It's just enough of a workout for me and I can do it at home. After working all day I do not want to go back out after I get home, so it is perfect.
  • debjae
    debjae Posts: 242
    Options
    I either walk or ride my stationary bike, do a yoga dvd and lift light weights.
  • iambuttercup
    iambuttercup Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    An hour of aquafit three times a week and two days of water running. Used to ride stationary bike and walk an hour a day but cant with knee cap fracture. Never liked the pool but with rehab getting me back in and finding a great instructor I am loving it
  • margueta562
    margueta562 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I do at least 30 minute bike ride.I just started doing Zumba this week and its quite a workout.
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Everyday it's either Insanity or Gym. At the Gym I do 30 minutes of cardio workout and 15-20 minutes of strength training. Strength training involves leg press 100 lbs 15 reps 6 sets, Arm press 40 lbs 12 reps 5 sets, Shoulder press 40 lbs 12 reps 5 sets.
  • xSharky7
    Options
    I run for 10 min on the treadmill each day then I do 20 min on the elliptical trainer
    after that I go swim for a half an hour
  • Tracepa98
    Options
    For now I tend to stick to the treadmill, elliptical and my workout dvd at home. Stationary bikes bore me as treadmills do too but they are great when i want to work out and aren't feeling the high intensity. Once I lose quite a bit of weight I may discover other avenues to spice it up a bit.
  • ejosborne14
    ejosborne14 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Since i have decided to change my lifestyle for the better ( a little at a time) all i have been doing is walk and clean my house, i am slowly over my first month with MFP increasing time and distance walked but do not want to push it to quickly, then i will introduce one of my Wii fitness programme to introduce strength and resistance training.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    1.5 hours a day + riding my bicycle, 6 days a week. Starting 30 day Shred today.
  • kyes31
    kyes31 Posts: 9
    Options
    I go the gym 5-6 days a week doing Sh'bam,THT (tummy hips & thighs, personal training, Body Combat ( with weights) Bopy pump, Boxing, Body Balance, swimming (I have been sick lately so have stopped but usually do this 4 mornings a week) & Body Attack. I walk upto 3 times a week * just general cleaning to keep moving :)
  • snappsgirl89
    snappsgirl89 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I go to curves 3 times a week, and walk 5-7 times a week. On my off days from curves I do the elliptical.
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I do the Leslie Sansone 5 Day Slim Down Walking DVD. It's just enough of a workout for me and I can do it at home. After working all day I do not want to go back out after I get home, so it is perfect.

I love Leslie Sansone's 5 Day Slim Down A mile each morning. I can't afford the gym and there is no ymca near where I live so Leslie Sansone's walk it off is perfect for me. I do the warm up, the 1st mile and the cool down. Hopefully, I can do the other miles when I develop more stamina. I also have Leslie Sansone's Walk it off and Tone it Up. I like the 5 Day Slim Down better. I get a great workout and burn those calories with both and I like exercising at home.:smile: