Food Challenges

Options
Here I will be posting challenges related to food. Each week will be a new challenge. I would like to have everyone participate in making the challenges. So I will make today's challenge and whoever is first to post a new challenge on Tuesdays. that will be the new challenge for the week. So if you have a challenge you would like to try make sure the first to post it on Tues. September 18th.

Starting Week Challenge: Drink at least 4 glasses of water every day this week.
You can either post your progress daily or at the end of the week.

Replies

• RooMcDermott
    RooMcDermott Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I better get busy have only had 1 cup of water so far today! YIKES!!
  • ReignboMama
    Options
    Great challenge! I will be posting at the end of the week!! :)
  • DreamerZenko
    DreamerZenko Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Starting this one today! :3
  • Dnalbellehcim
    Options
    Great first challenge!! I've cut out all other drinks from my diet except water for right now.
  • rachellosesitall85
    Options
    4 glasses completed today.
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    9/11 - 6 glasses
    9/12 - 8 glasses
    9/13 - 5 glasses
  • tcornley
    Options
    Same here! Feeling good too! :smile:
  • bluedrinkgirl
    Options
    I am faithful with the 8 glasses a day. I highly recommend getting one of those plastic cups with lid & straw (Available everywhere like Walmart & Target) Carry it with you at all times and when it is empty fill it. I also buy the Mio water flavoring at the grocery store. It makes water more exciting. Down side to all this water is going to the bathroom about 1000 times a day
  • DreamerZenko
    Options
    Are you considering the end of the week Saturday or Sunday? Just want to make sure, some people are different :)
  • amyLhuff
    Options
    This is a great challenge as it is the key to weight loss I have a 32oz jug I drink out of all day and I at least try to drink 3 everyday! You'll be surprised how much of a difference drinking tons of water does for your weight loss!

Bottoms up
  • DreamerZenko
    Options
    Food Challenge report:

9/12 (start): 9 cups
    9/13: 5 cups
    9/14: 6 cups
    9/15: 4 cups
    9/16: 4 cups (plus more later today)
  • rachellosesitall85
    Options
    working on bottle #2 for today.
  • tcornley
    Options
    9/11 8 cups
    9/12 8 cups
    9/13 8 cups
    9/14 14 cups
    9/15 8 cups
    9/16 4 cups
    9/17 10 cups

Ready for the new challenge!
  • pugloversara
    Options
    Awesome job guys :) Thanks for everyone who participated. It is a great way to start off your weight loss.

I myself have actually managed to do this challenge. Yeah I am so happy because I went from being an avid water drinker to just drinking juices and sodas :( Now I am back on track. I bought one of those 64ounce jugs at Walmart with the straw and have managed to drink it all one day.

The weeks will run from Tues to Tues. Only because Tuesday is my free day and it gives me the time I need to really sit down and ready everyone's post and track the weight loss and what not.

I am also ready for the new challenge so who will be the first to post it today? Whoever does is in charge this week can't wait to see what you guys suggest :)
  • bluedrinkgirl
    Options
    A friend of mine posted this on fb. I can't send the picture but it basically says "Don't drink your calories"
    8oz oj-110 calories + mocha coffee- 400 calories + 20 oz soda- 200 calories+ 16oz fruit juice-230 calories + 16oz sweet tea- 100 calories + 12 oz beer- 150 calories TOTAL 1370 calories!!! Yikes!

As my "cheat day" Friday (which I logged in the best I could) was an eye opener of adding in 1800 extra calories over goal by going out to lunch and dinner... I suggest logging in every day good or bad and see how many days you hit your calories or go under by a few
  • DreamerZenko
    Options
    How about for a challenge, eat at least one fruit and one vegetable every day? Or your snack intake has to be 200 calories or lower? I dunno :x
  • pugloversara
    Options
    okay so the new food challenge will be to track what you eat all week and try to incorporate fruits and vegetables. good challenge guys thanks :)
  • DreamerZenko
    Options
    Week report:
    9/18 - None
    9/19 - Salad (traditional lettuce)
    9/20 - None
    9/21 - Tomato sauce (homemade)
    9/22 - Tomato sauce
    9/23 - Carrots and bok choy in homemade ramen
    9/24 - Lima bean

I need more veggie and WAY more fruit. I hate being a picky eater.
  • bluedrinkgirl
    Options
    Week report:
    9/18 - None
    9/19 - Salad (traditional lettuce)
    9/20 - None
    9/21 - Tomato sauce (homemade)
    9/22 - Tomato sauce
    9/23 - Carrots and bok choy in homemade ramen
    9/24 - Lima bean

I need more veggie and WAY more fruit. I hate being a picky eater.

DreamZenko. I don't feel so bad now :). Clearly we have the same feelings towards fruits & veggies

Tue- a few veggies on a subway 6" sub, green beans
    Wed-lettuce, apple, applesauce
    Thur-lettuce,
    Fri-lettuce
    Sat-french fries
    Sun-Sweet potato Fries AND sweet potato potato tots
    Mon-lettuce
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    oh i actually do the water thing, i just don't track it on here... but yeah, i love water! and it does help a lot

every day i try to have some fruits and vegetables. every morning i have a banana and every afternoon an apple. in the evening i try to have carrot sticks or a salad. it really helps keep me feeling full i have to say