Excercise Challenge

Options
Same Rules as the food challenge. Every week there will be an Exercise challenge on Tuesdays. I would like everyone to participate in coming up with new challenges. So whoever post a new challenge first next Tues. Sept. 18th will be in charge of the new challenge.

Starting week challenge: Go for as many 15mins walks that you can this week. Log your total daily or at the end of the week :)

Replies

• ReignboMama
    Options
    I love the idea of a weekly exercise challenge! Great great idea! :)
  • DreamerZenko
    DreamerZenko Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I will try this! Hopefully I don't fail too bad!
  • Dnalbellehcim
    Options
    Yay!! These boots were made for walkin'....
  • rachellosesitall85
    Options
    Did 45 min of exercise yesterday (20 walking) and walked 45 minutes today. 2/5 done.
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    9/11 - 30min
    9/12 - 15min, 20min
    9/13 - 1hr 26min, 15 min
  • bluedrinkgirl
    Options
    I got home last night about 7:00 and hadn't done any cardio so I thought about going in to watch TV but then I thought of this challenge and walked around my neighborhood for 20 minutes. Thank you for keeping me motivated
  • DreamerZenko
    Options
    Week report in:

9/12 (starting): 0 minutes
    9/13: 0 minutes
    9/14: 15 minutes
    9/15: 15 minutes (plus additional time standing up, moving around, and playing frisbee)
    9/16: 15 minutes
  • rachellosesitall85
    Options
    Last day of the challenge, 4/5 work outs done. I forgot to add one the other day. I'm going on a 15 min walk to and from the gym totaling 30 min and I'm going to workout on the treadmil, elliptical, and weights.
  • rachellosesitall85
    Options
    Work out complete! 30 min of walking, 20 min of incline and power walking on the tredmill, 20 min of the elliptical around 48mph and 15 min with weights.
  • bwatt11
    bwatt11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    last week I took a 30 minute walk at lunch time (can't remember what day)
    Saturday I went to a concert and had to walk 30 minutes to get to the ticket window and then 45 minutes walking back to the car (we came out the wrong exit!)
    Total for last week - 1 hour 45 minutes
  • bluedrinkgirl
    Options
    Tue-20 min treadmill
    Wed-60 min walk
    Thur-20 min walk
    Sat- 60 min bike
    Sun- 45 min bike, 20 min walk
    Mon- 20 min walk
  • tcornley
    Options
    9/11 30 min biking
    9/12 28 min biking
    9/13 33 min biking
    9/14 19 min biking, 15 min swimming
    9/15 /
    9/16 /
    9/17 20 min walking, 30 min spinning

Keep it up everyone!
  • pugloversara
    Options
    Great job everyone. Bluedrinkgirl I am glad I could keep you motivated. I like how people wrote the individual days and what they did that was neat. I also like how even if it wasn't a walk, you guys were still moving.

As far as me getting motivated to move this week it was rough but I managed to take two walks. One was with my boyfriends daughter, that gave us some good bonding time. Plus I have been walking the dog around. I would like to start using my kinect for my xbox again. I just love the dancing games but I'm not really sure if my knee can handle it but Im going to try. Even though I didn't get much exercise in this week I was still busy on my feet.

So guys who will be the first one to come up with the new challenge this week? I didn't see anybody post one yet. :) Can't wait to see your ideas.
  • bluedrinkgirl
    Options
    My suggestion is exercise 30 minutes everyday & post what you do so we can get new ideas
  • DreamerZenko
    Options
    I would like to start using my kinect for my xbox again. I just love the dancing games but I'm not really sure if my knee can handle it but Im going to try. Even though I didn't get much exercise in this week I was still busy on my feet.

I have actually been using my DDR game for the Wii for dancing exercise and it works great. My knees were really sore in the beginning, but as I continue they get a little stronger and less sore every time I play. I LOVE the Kinect dancing games- I have played them at my friends house. If I had an XBOX I would be playing that all the time- that is great exercise :)

My suggestion is exercise 30 minutes everyday & post what you do so we can get new ideas

I second this, this sounds like a fun challenge! :3
  • pugloversara
    Options
    ok 30 mins a day it is :) can't wait to see what everyone comes up with
  • animabella6
    animabella6 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Put in 180 minutes of walking this week. Neglected my weights, but hope to get that back on track next week. Go us! :bigsmile:
  • AnotherAustinGirl
    Options
    I LOVE DDR!
  • AnotherAustinGirl
    Options
    Today I did some challenges from other groups I'm in and they added up to well over thirty minutes.

4.2 bike ride
    100 squats
    100 crunches
    100 jumping jacks (modified)
    50 lunges with bicep curls
    40 leg lifts on each side
    20 pushups
    and some other stuff.

Thought I was going to die!!
  • DreamerZenko
    Options
    Weekly report:

9/18 - 45 minutes
    9/19 - 90 minutes
    9/20 - 0 minutes
    9/21 - 62 minutes
    9/22 - 120 minutes
    9/23 - 30 minutes
    9/24 - 60 minutes

Just missed one day which was my rest day :)