Mmmm mmmm good!!! Remember that?! 9/25

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
Mmmmmm now that the weather is changing what healthy foods can we eat?! EAT more soups! So make soup for dinner or if going out for lunch/dinner get a healthy broth based soup with PLENTY veggies. YOU can have as the main meal or the appetizer or side dish. They say it actually helps you eat less of the main meal if eat as an appetizer! This is also an easy way to get your 3-5 servings in for the day!
Plus, it warms your body! Now for those of you in hot weather states no excuse there are many could soup recipes! Like cold cucumber soup and beet soup.

If you buy canned soups just try to get a lower sodium. If you make a soup hit us up with a recipe! I love ministrone.
The last one I made had green beans, kale, white beans, onions, celery, green pepper, zucchini, bacon, GARLIC and the broth of course. ENJOY!
Peace,
WW

Replies

• aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    I had Pho on Friday. I'll see if I can figure something else out today. I still have squats to do from yesterday too.
  • archangel9902
    archangel9902 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    my favorite soup to make is fairly simple. saute some onion and garlic in a big pot, throw in a couple of cans of diced tomatoes, about 6-8 cups chicken broth, then add in some type of greens. I usually use collard greens and/or spinach. ( i prefer fresh greens but you can use frozen too). The original recipe I found calls for adding tortellini, but I just omit that. Salt/Pepper to taste. Yummy!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    YUMMO!!!!! I like frozen squash simmered down with some broth and then add some spinach and BAM! Soup!!!!!
  • laydeneko
    laydeneko Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Question for you (if you know): Does the nutritional/health benefit change if you eat meat broth soups vs. actual meat product? I'm supposed to eat more meats & veggies but I don't have the time/patience to cook chicken/hamburger/etc.

Thanks for the link! I LOVE stews and chillies!
  • aakaakaak
    Options
    Question for you (if you know): Does the nutritional/health benefit change if you eat meat broth soups vs. actual meat product? I'm supposed to eat more meats & veggies but I don't have the time/patience to cook chicken/hamburger/etc.

Thanks for the link! I LOVE stews and chillies!

Croc pots can be a godsend, especially if they're on a timer. You just throw in your ingredients, set the timer and have a nice hot meal waiting for you when you get home (if you get home on time). They work with soups, stews, roasts, chili, casseroles, etc.

If you're talking about bullion cubes or boxed broth you won't get all the nutrients of the meat, but a limited amount will come with it. See for yourself. Go to your food page > Database > Beef Broth. Now check Food > database > Beef Cube. You'll see zero iron in the broth and loads more protein in the cubes.
  • aakaakaak
    Options
    Also, had a can of Cambell's Chicken Tuscany. About 180 calories and friggin' filling! I feel like I overate, but I know I didn't.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    YOU guys rock! I had the last of my minestrone!
  • jpiane
    Options
    Just had Amy's Vegetable Barley