New to group and quilting

Options
I have been quilting and embroidering for about a year. Love it and now I have added walking and getting healthier to my lifestyle. The getting healthier is so I can feel more like quilting when I get home from work.

I have already looked at many beautiful quilts that are posted. This is a great group--exercising and quilting.

Replies

• maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Hi Tammi! It's a fun combo! Have you been embroidering on your quilt projects or keeping the two separate? I've only embroidered on mini quilts I think. I am taking a class at QuiltCon next year on Redwork embroidery in quilting!
  • swkittrell
    Options
    Hi Tammi! It's a fun combo! Have you been embroidering on your quilt projects or keeping the two separate? I've only embroidered on mini quilts I think. I am taking a class at QuiltCon next year on Redwork embroidery in quilting!

I love Red Work embrodiery!!!
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Maremare,:happy:

My friend went to Quilt Con last year and had a ball!!! Alex Anderson has some great red work projects
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Well this is actually the first ever Quilt Con put on by the Modern Quilt Guild. I didn't realize there was another one out there! I'm not as much into traditional quilting (making it) but I appreciate looking at more traditional quilts! I'll have to look up Alex Anderson!
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I was thinking it was the big one in Las Vegas? Alex is a Ca. quilter and her TV show and beginner book got me started in quilting. She has some good stuff to look at on the web.
  • Tammi1947
    Options
    I do machine embroidery. I do combine it on some of my quilts. Right now I am practicing free motion quilting. Much harder than I thought it would be.
  • magnoliafly
    Options
    I do machine embroidery. I do combine it on some of my quilts. Right now I am practicing free motion quilting. Much harder than I thought it would be.

I'm having a blast with machine embroidery too! I've incorporated it into a few quilts now. I love using it for making quilt labels though.
  • Tammi1947
    Options
    Me too. I love designing a theme for my label that reflects the quilt. I am making a baby quilt for a friend who is a chorus teacher. I want to incorporate musical notes.