Local Races

Options
goalie35
goalie35 Posts: 245 Member
Anyone gearing up to do any local races. I love running in the fall! I'm thinking of running in 3 (so far). The Zoo Run on 9/23, The Fall Sprawl, Wisconsin Dells on 10/6 and the Color Me Rad on 10/13.

Replies

• prinqt
    prinqt Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Zoo was the only one I know about. I think October should have a Susan G Komen one somehwere I would think.
    I'm a swimmer, so this fish has a long way to go before I can think about doing a race. Just started walking with occasional blips of jogging and ramping a little bit more each day. I'm targeting the Dirty Girl next year as my first public display of fish flapping around out of water :)
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Are there any trialethons where swimming is not involved? (Sorry if this is a dumb question - I have just recently considered doing this). I like the idea of swimming, biking, and paddling but not getting in the water...
  • goalie35
    goalie35 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I did the Zoo Run last weekend & shaved 11s per mile off my average.

Lovestoscrapb - Are you looking at a Duathlon? There is a run & bike in Ixonia coming up in October. You can look them up on "Running in the USA"
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I've done the Madison Mini twice, and it's a very good event.
  • jaena4
    jaena4 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    That's funny - just this morning I was looking around for a race in SW Wisconsin somewhere. I'm not ready yet and I might not be ever - rather intimidated. I'm not regularly running, just fooling around, but I keep thinking maybe signing up for a race would get me motivated to actually get on some sort of plan to train for a race. I can drive to Madison (I'm a bit more than an hour away) or Dubuque, so I'll be checking this thread to get some ideas!