Success stories of weight loss while Breast Feeding!

Options
Looking for SUCCESS stories only on weight loss while breastfeeding. I feel myself starting to get discouraged hearing all of the struggles that BFing moms face while they are breastfeeding and just looking for some encouraging words! I know that the body wants to hang on to "a few" pounds during the whole process but I refuse to believe that I won't lose any of my PP weight while I BF! So lets hear those stories and successful tips!! :)

Thanks in advance moms!!

Replies

• kidcole11
    kidcole11 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Ebf six month old. Lost15 lbs in 30ish days! Minimal exercise.
  • momRN2B
    momRN2B Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I am ebf my almost 6 month old baby and since i left the hospital with him until now i lost a total of 42 lbs. I am much thinner and toned than i was pre-pregnancy. As long as you log what u eat and eat at a deficit you should hopefully lose weight. Exercise is especially helpful in losing inches off that mommy tummy and getting you toned all around. I highly recommend "The 30 Day Shred" its a 25 min workout and gets u amazing results. Good luck!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    All of the weight lost on my ticker has been lost while breastfeeding. I am lucky that I didn't gain a single pound with my daughter, but I still had ALL of the weight from the pregnancy of my son. I feel like the last 10-20lbs I am seeking is going to be really stubborn and it's been suggested to me that I won't drop it until after I stop breastfeeding, because the body knows to hold onto it as a reserve? I'm not sure how true that is, but it would suck if that's the case - I have a long way to go with breastfeeding yet!
  • H_Jack
    H_Jack Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm under my pre-pregnancy weight at 8 months postpartum, all while breast feeding. It has certainly felt like slow-going at times, but slow and steady beats nothing at all! I'll take it!
  • sabgoe
    sabgoe Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have lost 66 pounds since my son was born a little over 7 months ago. He is exclusively breastfed. I have been eating at least 1800-200 healthy ! calories a day. For the first few months, all I did was walking and carrying my infant in the carrier. Recently, I started the C25K and the 30 day shred.
  • Kelly_fat2fit30
    Options
    THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!! You really brightened my spirits!!! ...and gave me hope :)
  • dawniee
    dawniee Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I liked to know when this weightloss journey started for those who have been successful....i'm 2 months postpartum and all i see the scale doing is going up and down ...i had the initial big loss and ive pretty much GAINED OR LOSS THE SAME FEW POUNDS SINCE! I log what I eat and i eat very good.....I workout almost everyday for at least 45 min ....I'm at a loss?!...i only gained 25lbs with this pregnancy.....this was my 4th baby....all the others i gained 50 lbs...lost it all but only after i stop breastfeeding...I lost 15lbs after this last baby was born and can't seem to drop anymore !! I'm so frustrated as many of my friends seem to be losing while EBF so I'm looking for WHEN did you start to see the scale to go down consistantly?
    Any help would be great! Thank you!
  • sabgoe
    sabgoe Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I started using MFP and counting calories when my baby was four weeks old. I have been dropping pounds consistently since then. I hit plateaus 3-4 times, sometimes for up to 2-3 weeks, but I always just waited things out and one day I would loose again. Hope that helps!
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I lost 55lbs all while breastfeeding. I kept my numbers in the right brackets to make sure I didn't effect my supply. I am now 5 months pregnant with baby #2 and still breastfeeding baby #1 lol.
  • mommamellymac
    mommamellymac Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I lost 27lbs in 4 months while nursing my son. Then I got pregnant again and I maintained my weight and only gained 7lbs during my pregnancy because I was still nursing (I believe). Now I'm tandem nursing my 19 mo old and my 6 week old and I'm back to pre-preggo weight and I hope to continue to lose! Keep trying! And keep healthy for you and your baby :D
  • slived
    slived Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Breastfeeding is a secret weapon to weight loss! - So please don't be discouraged. I can eat 1700-2000 calories per day and still lose consistently, whereas most women on here have to cut down to 1200-1500 to get the same results. I found that I need to eat at least 1600 for my milk to stay in. I can exercise all (or as little) as I want! If I want to lose faster, I get to the gym, and if I'm tired from taking care of the baby, I just log my food and I'm fine for the week - still losing about a pound. Good luck to you
  • JennsRAQ
    JennsRAQ Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My baby is a little over 5 months. I've lost all the weight in my ticker since coming home from the hospital, so I've actually lost an additional 16 pounds during the birth (placenta, baby). :-P

I'm 10 lbs below my PP weight and have eaten between 1800-2100 calories total the whole time!

Oh and only 30 days/6 pounds of loss had exercise incorporated in.... I haven't really had the time!
  • joslin2005
    Options
    Well I gained about 67 pounds while pregnant. I have lost 55 pounds since she was born. About 50 of those pounds was during the first 6 months before I started exercising and counting calories. My weight plateaued when I started exercising and counting calories. I'm about to wean my baby on the 18th when she turns 1. Hope this helps. :-)
  • Kelly_fat2fit30
    Options
    Oh thank you again everyone so much!! Your success stories ROCK! :)
  • turtleohs
    turtleohs Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I lost about 25lbs in the past year! Doing Jilliian Michaels DVDs (Ripped in 30 and 30 Day Shred) ... and watching HOW I eat. I have about 5ish more lbs to go until my goal... but below is a picture, the words are cut off, but that says 5 months post partum with baby #2.

[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/turtleohs/Weight Loss/Untitled-2-1.jpg[/img]
  • rexy3033
    rexy3033 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am 10 weeks post-partum and back to pre-pregnancy weight. I gained about 25 lbs during the pregnancy. I have been tracking everything I eat. Initially I aimed for 1900 calories but then added in exercise. I plateaued a few weeks ago for about 2 weeks and decreased my calories to 1600 plus exercise. I have not had any problems with breast feeding or supply and now I have lost an additional 3 pounds in the past 2 weeks since decreasing my calorie. goal. I figure about 400 cals for BF. My overall weight loss goal is to lose about another 7 pounds, which is 9 pounds under pre-preg weight.