Options
So..
What are your thoughts so far?

Bahhh. Title fail!

Replies

• Turtlehurdle
    Options
    PANDAMAZING!

See what I did there? LOVE the music! I am absolutely loving the starting zone. Quests have been actually pretty entertaining so far!
    The first instance I did was pretty awesome! Rolling around on barrels? GREAT! Except I may be scared of rabbits from now on!

Totally going to add this: Who needs a raiding guild?!!!! (sorry Kriz :/ )
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Im lovin it. Hubs and i have been working towards 90 on our mains together and its been interesting. Love the interactive 'cutscenes' and quests so far. Havent tried a panda yet, figured that's where everyone would flock so was going to stay away for awhile.

The professions have changed some, so im not sure how it all work with my alchemy but the cooking is kinda interesting with all the different types and groups of recipies. I LOVE that i can actually farm now, like plant, water, grow stuff. The dungeons are new and interesting too!
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    To be honest, when I first heard about Pet Battles I thought it was stupid. But I tried it last night and it is super addicting!
  • Turtlehurdle
    Options
    Really no one else? I would have thought would be ranting by now!
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Sorry. Playing Borderlands. But I've seen the commercial where Kung Fu Panda was in World of Warcraft. :tongue:
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    EVERY single time I watch a World of Warcraft commercial I think "WHY IS THAT NOT A MOVIE!?" I would pay to go see that *kitten* in IMAX! Seriously! Especially with Mists of Pandaria!

My brother and I were watching the trailer and my dad thought it was Kung Fu Panda 3, where Po was older. Got to thinking, that would be such a badass movie.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Sorry. Playing Borderlands. But I've seen the commercial where Kung Fu Panda was in World of Warcraft. :tongue:

i feel bad for WoW, since Kung Fu Panda came out, everyone who didnt play the Warcraft games thinks the pandas are from Kung Fu Panda when the reality is, Panda's have been in Warcraft lore since before WoW was even born! its actually a really fun xpac.
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    To be honest, when I first heard about Pet Battles I thought it was stupid. But I tried it last night and it is super addicting!

My thoughts exactly! Turns out I'm kind of loving the "Pokemon the MMO" feeling of the pet battle system. It's a nice filler for when you don't want to PVP, quest, raid, etc. and are looking to do something easy (and mindless, depending on how serious you get into pet stats and stuff) while chatting with guildies or killing time. A hell of a lot more fun than leveling professions or something.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    i see patches and patches for the patches and did i mention patches, the pet thing is kinda cool tho
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I haven't actually got MoP yet; there's no way I can afford it, so I'm getting it as a Christmas present. BUT I like the fact that I can actually make a Pandaren, just not a Monk, and I can't level to 90/in Pandaria. It's okay, I was always going to make a Panda shammy anyway <3

Also, I'm surprised at the lack of issues I had when it came to patching!
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying it so far. I'm just questing on my main (mage) for now, but I did make a panda monk. I like that JC has "research" like alchemy and inscription now instead of those stupid daily quests for tokens. I like the changes to Cooking too.

I'm not sure if it's due to low population or what, but I've been finding mining nodes like crazy. I've had them respawn almost instantly, right under my feet, so that could be part of it, on top of not seeing many people in my area. In Cata, I wouldn't see a node for HOURS during the first few days, but I also remember seeing a billion people. Right now, I'm only seeing 3-4 other people near me wherever I am.

I love the music, and Pandaria is really pretty. The story is interesting, and I like the "spiritual" names/icons for the mats and such. It's getting back to being a mythos like Vanilla, BC, and WotLK, whereas Cata was just a boring, apocalyptic snooze-fest that felt slapped together.

I *really* like that all of the quest rewards can be used by my toon. I used to hate working really hard on a quest just to see plate, mail, leather, and an agility staff as the rewards.

Oh, and AoE looting is the bomb. I keep forgetting about it, though, so I've clicked a couple of things and wondered why they weren't glittery before the "oh, duh" set in.
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I thought this xpansion was going to be horrible.

I thought the pet battles sounded really lame, but like others said... So addicting.
    I loved the areas and the fact that we couldn't fly, because it made you experience everything.
    The monk class was actually really fun, I have't leveled a monk much though - but from what I did try ... They were fun.
    Plus there were a lot of LOL moments from the NPCs which is awesome.

Probably my favourite expansion so far. <3
  • sweetsungirl
    Options
    MoP for the win. I joined during Wrath and have been playing ever since. The MoP aesthetic is absolutely beautiful. It's nice to see new geography and architecture, instead the same old stuff with a different skin. I am fully immersed in so many facets of the xpac. I still have yet to try pet battles, since I was not a huge Pokeman fan. Definitely best xpac for me!
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Having fun so far. I got to level 87 right now. I keep on getting into world pvp with some hordies. Nothing like a good 30 minutes of back and forth in a middle of a questing zone. Then the 90's show up and ruin the fun =\
  • SuperSteph81
    SuperSteph81 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think they did a fantastic job. It's more fun than Cata thats for sure.
  • Andrea2315
    Andrea2315 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Love the expansion so far; blizzard did a good job
  • plumwd
    plumwd Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in love with this expansion. I main switched from priest to monk and really enjoy it! I I had a chance to play monk in beta so I knew I'd like it.

Currently MIstweaver spec and raiding with it. Seems to be working well so far. Numbers are really good. Currently working our way through MV.

Got Elegon to 2% twice last night and then wiped. Sad face :( Couple of those times the adds in the final phase, ate my face and instantly killed me. Not sure if it's healing aggro or what.

This is my monk http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/skywall/Jadedot/advanced
  • hersheythecat
    hersheythecat Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Love your phrasing... "ate my face" I totally can imagine some of the ghouls doing that in the game
  • Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    blizz did good they did good. i had fun questing! and the world pvp is amazing atm :D.
  • plumwd
    plumwd Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Love your phrasing... "ate my face" I totally can imagine some of the ghouls doing that in the game

LOL it's what they did!

At any rate, last night we went in and cleared the instance. One-shot Elegon and got the last boss in 7 attempts. Heroic modes next week!