Week 2 - Twilighty Fabulous Fall Frolic

Options
surfrgrl1
surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
Well, we survived Bella's birthday, and made it through the autumnal equinox!!! And now its time to enjoy the last week of September while we work on Week 2 of our Fabulous Fall Frolic.

This week's theme is partially stolen/borrowed from Mission Impossible.

:huh: Your mission, should you decide to accept it" , will include the following:

:smokin: Eat a new food, down a new drink, or try a new exercise at least twice this week. (why not try some arm wrestling or throw tree branches)
:drinker: Bank calories with objective of staying at goal for the week
:bigsmile: Drink your H20 (64 oz with 16 oz of decaff allowed)
:devil: Exercise - BD2 comes out on 11-16, :love: , so we will strive to hit 176 (11X16) minutes of total exercise this week.(Don't forget to count your tree branch throwing and arm wrestling)

As always, should you or any of your Twilight Team be caught or fall short, the Team Leader will disavow any knowledge of your actions. (Okay just kidding, we will come help you out)

This message will self-destruct in five seconds.
Good luck, Ladies.

Here's some new gossip:
While talk of extra “Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2” footage was just rumor in past weeks, Kellan Lutz (who plays Emmett Cullen) helped confirm extra scenes after credits in the theaters for fans, as well as how the love story between Edward and Bella will end.

“They’re really going to love it, and Bill [Condon, the director] even told me to tell fans to stay for the credits—a really special thing is happening after the surprise ending,” teased Lutz. “Every film has been building upon the others, and I think fans are really going to enjoy the end that’s a little more elaborated on than the book.”

Replies

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    I'm still recuperating from my fall frolic in Jolly ole England, but I want to get in on the challenge. A new food or drink might be good -- I'll have to check out Starbucks menu, lol. That's what you meant, isn't it? I'll have to push to fit in 176 minutes of cardio since I'm still feeling crummy (I'm a real baby when I'm sick), but I'm worried that 2 weeks off means all my rippling muscles will disappear.

I'm really looking forward to the movie. Glad they are warning folks about a surprise during the credits -- so many people walked out before that last scene in Volterra at the end of BD1.

Loved the Mission Impossible theme because that impossible mission of losing weight and getting fit and healthy can only be accomplished by the amazing IMF team assembled here on MFP!
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Yvonne, you are a Twi-riffic team leader! Thanks so much for all you're doing to keep the group and all us Twihards going in the right direction.:flowerforyou:

176 minutes of cardio...yikes! I'm gonna be struggling because I have gotten LAZY lately. I'm definitely gonna have to find some new exercise video to do at night. I'm dead bored with Leslie Sansone so I never do it anymore. Zumba is better, but finding the energy to get through it is a real challenge for me these days. Maybe I'll find some kickboxing on You Tube so I can pretend I'm kicking the butts of the people who are making my life so hard these days!:laugh::wink:

Let's kick some fitness butt this week. Go Team Twilight!
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Day One
    Today's mission completed.

243 calories banked
    56 minutes exercise
    H20. 6 + 2 decaf drinks

Before I logged my exercise and evening snack, I was exactly on the money with both my calories and fat grams for the day. I should have taken a picture. That wont happen again!

Well I guess the 'new food' today was a Hershey's milk chocolate with almond candy bar.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: (Kathy- you rubbed off on me with your Starbucks menu comment) My coworker laid it on my desk this afternoon, grrrrr. I don't generally eat or buy candy bars unless it's something that I can't find often. (Zero bar, or white chocolate covered Twix or white chocolate covered Reese's peanut butter cups). I actually play a little game when I get to the checkout aisle, I look for, and hope in a way that they dont have my favorite. If they don't have it, I don't buy any! Whew!

Like on the old tv show, I am watching that fuse burn.................................................:explode:
  • 77tes
    Options
    1) "Eat a new food, down a new drink, or try a new exercise at least twice this week." I wasn't up to arm wrestling or throwing tree branches -- so I tried a new food Quinoa (I've had a package in the cupboard for months). It would probably taste better with lots of butter and salt, lol!
    2) "Bank calories with objective of staying at goal for the week" My bank account is already overdrawn by 36 calories, but that isn't too bad considering how much I have been going over the last few days.
    3) "Drink your H20" Got that one!
    4) Exercise - strive to hit 176 minutes of total exercise this week. 0 so far. I'm hardly walking across my house.
  • Nursiemj2
    Nursiemj2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm a day late and a dollar short because i just read the challenge, but retrospectively i will testify.

1. New food (110 calories btw) Special K cheddar chips for30
    2. Failed to bank
    3. Nailed the water challenge with 14 cups
    4. Only logged 15 minutes of exercise. Had headache but I'm proud of myself for putting on my exercising clothes and going to track anyway.NSV

Will be thinking of new food our exercise for next time....have goodday
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Day 2

Calories Banked 341
    Exercise 90/176
    H20. Fell one glass short
    Something new---I bought chocolate Chex mix cereal, but didn't want to use my banked calories tonight, so I will try some for breakfast. But I did get some Sargento Gouda cheese. Boy howdy, that is good stuff. :drinker:
  • ScarlettVamp
    Options
    Day 1 & 2 Summary:

Calories Banked - Let's just say if it was the mortgage on my house, I'd be in foreclosure.:frown:

Exercise - 15/176 - I'm walking all over at work these days and did the small hill in the parking lot three times so far so I figure 15 minutes is more than an honest estimate.

Water - Never a problem for me.

Something New - It's not totally new for me this week, but I've really taken a liking to the Dannon Oikos plain greek yogurt with PB2 and organic apple butter mixed in. Sadly, I've also started drinking diet coke again for the caffeine boost at work...this must stop!

If I don't get my snacking under control, I'm gonna get blown up on this Mission this week.:explode:
  • w8sarge
    w8sarge Posts: 3,837 Member
    Options
    OK.awesome leader, I'm signing up for the mission to try decoding Insanity Workout video while in disguise as a smiling granny. If you don't hear any further from or of me, this granny hit self-destruct!
  • 77tes
    Options
    OK.awesome leader, I'm signing up for the mission to try decoding Insanity Workout video while in disguise as a smiling granny. If you don't hear any further from or of me, this granny hit self-destruct!

Seriously, Susie, you're doing Insanity?!?!
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Insanity, oh the sound of it makes me cringe!!!!! But never mind me, Good for you Susie!
    Please don't self destruct, we would miss you terribly!

Okay---- Day 3

H20. I would like this challenge more if I only had to drink 16 oz water and 48 of something else. I just have a hard time of it! Maybe i will have to start using Crystal Lite or herbal tea or booze.

New food/drink/exercise. I tried out the chocolate Chex cereal. Holy canole Batman, that's some awesome stuff! I also went to the garage and fished out my heavier weights tonight. Discovered I had been using 3 pounders instead of 5, so I grabbed the 10s for todays workout. I have joked with LeighAnn (aka Twijourney) that I don't want to look like I came from the Far Side cartoon of the Boneless Chicken Ranch, so I have to get these muscles engaged.

Banking....I am going to have some chocolate Chex cereal before bed tonight, so I am at 341 banked

Exercise. Did 15 minutes tonight alternating between walking in place and lifting weights. Total for the week is 105/176

NSV. I have noticed that adding jogging in with my walks has really engaged my leg muscles and as a result my pants are getting loose in the thighs. The number on the scale has inched up, so I am glad to see some other changes that tell me I am doing the right things.

Have a great night all.
    Countdown...4 days til BD2 tickets go on sale!
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Day 4

Had to draw on some banked calories today, as I had a Cadbury Screme Egg and decaf coffee this evening. 226 Banked

I didn't workout tonight, lost the sunlight as I was working on making a t-shirt for my Forks Trip. I used a bleach pen to write "Volturi "Aro" on a black tshirt, and when it lifted the color on the black tshirt, as luck would have it the letters turned red! :smooched:

H2O. Maybe I could drink blood? I got in 4 cups of water today.

Exercise is at 105/176

I am feeling those dead lifts from day 3. Maybe some day I will have buns of steel instead of wonder buns!
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Day 5

:wink: 339 banked for the week. (splurge night moved to Saturday this week)

:happy: 139/178 exercise minutes

:sad: Water, I am in a drought. Only 3 cups today, but I will drink more before the evening is over.

New food: my coworker made granola bars and brought me one today. OMG, peanut butter, honey, chocolate chips, oatmeal. It was delicious. It tasted so good that I don't want to know how many calories it had in it, I had to estimate on MFP.

Let's have a great weekend guys! I am feeling a bit alone out here I hope someone posts soon. Oh well, I will just imagine that I am spending time with Edward, I am sure none of you will mind that he keeps me company.
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Day 6

Was sure glad to have my banked calories for my splurge meal today, I am only 58 in the hole.
    No workout today still at 139/178 exercise minutes ( should be able to finish up tomorrow)
    Water....4 cups

Tickets for BD2 go on sale in a little over 24 hours from now, wooohoo. I think I am going to splurge and do the marathon. It's the first time for me, and the last time I will be able to do it, so I certainly think it is worth it.
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Day 7

84 banked for the week, this is a first in months. Maybe this is why I was stuck and wasn't losing weight.
    Water. One glass short today of goal
    Exercise 201/178

New food.....Kathy this one is for you.....Starbucks had a salted caramel cake pop so I tried one out. Not bad. :wink:

It's been a good week.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Sorry for being MIA this past week, hopefully the coming week will be better. I think I hit water goal 3 times, came close to cardio minutes, and finished under for the week
  • ScarlettVamp
    Options
    I have been a bad, bad girl this past week and especially over the weekend. But it's not my fault that people kept taking me out to eat for early birthday celebrations is it? :devil: Honestly though, after McDonald's on the road Friday night, the Japanese steakhouse on Saturday night, the new Mexican restaurant on Sunday, and the chocolate ganache birthday cake (also on Sunday)....well, I'm a little sick of food/eating. At least that's what my tummy was telling me when I got back from 3 hours on the road yesterday afternoon. :sick:

This next week WILL be better. I will NOT go back to all my old habits. No! No! No!

Hope you are all well. I shouldn't be working late this week so I hope to be around more. Hugs!!!
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Ladies, we didn't have much participation for week two of our Twilighty Fabulous Fall Frolic. But that's okay, life happens, and we carry on.:happy:

I will be leaving for vacation this Friday and will not be able to comment on this forum except when I locate free wifi access for my iPad. I sure wish I could read forums from my Android phone, but it doesn't appear we have that available yet.

I should be in Forks sometime Saturday afternoon. I am pretty excited, haven't had a real vacation since last July, so I am feeling a bit, (okay, who am I kidding), I feel like I am WAY overdue. We are planning to hit Realto, LaPush, and Port Angeles. I am curious how they will have changed since my trip in 2010.

Even though I am not here to participate in a challenge, I have to stay on track. There is nothing like coming back from a vacation fatter than when you left!

xxxooo. To my fellow Twilighters.
  • 77tes
    Options
    Ladies, we didn't have much participation for week two of our Twilighty Fabulous Fall Frolic. But that's okay, life happens, and we carry on.:happy:

Even though I am not here to participate in a challenge, I have to stay on track. There is nothing like coming back from a vacation fatter than when you left!

xxxooo. To my fellow Twilighters.

Sorry I pooped out last week. I'm hoping to get back at it this week. Today I went to work for the first time since Sept. 9. Vacation and the flu have my coworkers wondering who I am, lol.

Yvonne, have a great time in Forks!! Make sure to have Mushroom Ravioli at Bella Italia. I had a friend who went there and didn't have it because she was dieting -- now, that's taking things too far!! Give Edward a kiss for me! :love: Give Jake a kiss for me, too. :love: And if you see Emmett or Jasper........ :wink: I think I'll change my profile pic in honor of your trip.
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thank you Kathy! I definitely plan to hit Bella Italia. I also plan to hit all the little coffee places I find. We just don't have the little trailer huts here in Kansas on very corner like they have out west!

My dog really appreciates that I am going away, he gets to spend a week at the doggie spa, and he certainly needs the social time with his buddies not to mention a nail trim and a shampoo! It is just a matter of time before my boyfriend looks at me and says, hmmm Meiko smells like a 'dog'! :ohwell: