Exercise routine?

Options
Just wondering what everyones exercise routines are? What you do and don't like about them.
I have Turbofire that I do on a daily basis with a long walk in the evenings. I also have P90X, and TRX in my posession to use for when it's a day off of work and I feel extra energized. I love how in turbofire it's go go go and she adds in "YOU'RE NOT TIRED!" to give me that extra boost. I don't like the yoga vids though, too slow. I know it's an important part I have to do though.

Replies

• Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to have some beachbody workouts in my hands. I will eventually but for now I have ripped in 30 by Jillian, my treadmill and slim in 6. I think I'm going to hit it with ripped in 30 and add as much walks as I can to my day to supplement.

How's turbofire? I keep hearing it mentioned by people.
  • I would LOVE to have some beachbody workouts in my hands. I will eventually but for now I have ripped in 30 by Jillian, my treadmill and slim in 6. I think I'm going to hit it with ripped in 30 and add as much walks as I can to my day to supplement.

How's turbofire? I keep hearing it mentioned by people.
    I love it. I use to do alot of aerobic classes but don't have the time or money now to go to them. This is the next... well actually better thing. Some workouts are only 15-20 mins long and it's a kick *kitten* workout. It's also very dancey which makes it very fun for me. I wanted to get the 30 day shred! How are you liking that?
  • Juliane_
    Options

I love it. I use to do alot of aerobic classes but don't have the time or money now to go to them. This is the next... well actually better thing. Some workouts are only 15-20 mins long and it's a kick *kitten* workout. It's also very dancey which makes it very fun for me. I wanted to get the 30 day shred! How are you liking that?

I thought what I wrote earlier posted. I guess not. Well, I was saying that the 30 day shred was hard in that my cardiovascular endurance is not so great right now. I had to jog during the "jump rope" section. The cardio exhausted me. Now I did do slim in 6 last week so it did prepare my legs for those squats and lunges. Jillian always kicks butt...
  • kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I alternate Turbo Jam and Chalean Extreme. I've been thinking about getting Turbo Fire, but have been having foot problems lately.
  • livelifenow91
    livelifenow91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 1 of level two in the 30 day shred. after I finish the shred i plan to do the ripped in 30 and maybe even try p90x after that if i'm feeling up for it. Alongside these I'm also doing the couch to 5k running program 3 times a week, and random other challenges as they come up. :)
  • vabchchik04
    vabchchik04 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have a membership to a pole dancing gym and it is a women's only gym (love that). They offer not only pole classes but aerobic classes. I do Zumba on Mondays for 2 hours then an ab class. Tuesday I do a 30 minute class that is like insanity then 30 minutes of abs. Wednesday I do a class that is a combo of free weights and cardio and I do 2 hours of that then 30 minutes of abs. Thursdays are different every week, sometimes I take the day off or I do a class that it is called hit it and quit it, basically we work one muscle group for one song then move to another station and work another muscle group. Fridays this month were an hour of Zumba. Then Saturdays it switches with whatever class my gym is offering. Sundays is ALWAYS my rest day, I dont do any high intense excerise. I did do yoga one Sunday and it was very relaxing and I think I might try to do that once a month.

I dont think I could do videos at home, I like going to a class not only to see the girls I work out with but also the girls motivate me to work harder! :)
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Doing Insanity. Just finished Week 3 yesterday. It's hard, but I love it. Was doing C25K before I started Insanity, and loved it too. But, I stopped because I didn't feel my knees could handle both those high impact workouts at the same time. Started the "Butt Bible" workout today. That one is hard also, but it's only 20 minutes, low impact, 4 times per week. So . . . meh . . . I can do that.
  • zbmb30
    zbmb30 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    The past two weeks I have joined a program through work for running. I do that two nights a week. I am hopefully going to be able to run 4 nights a week, strength train 3 nights a week, and do another day or two of just cardio, running, or yoga. I don't want to do major strict workouts that would be hard to keep a routine up. I use to do a crazy amount of exercise and then when I would start back with working or going to school, I couldn't keep it up and gained weight back on. I'm trying to find a happy medium. :) It will be easier once my family moves into our new house. It will only be maybe a 10 minute drive from our new house to my gym.
  • MaritaD
    MaritaD Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm just working on my running. I know I need to add some strength in there but I'm focusing on one thing at a time.
  • dillyweed
    Options
    I feel like an underachiever. I've been doing nothing really. I've been making myself get up off the couch and do things around the house. Forcing myself to go up and down the stairs to do laundry seems like challenge enough at the moment.

I do sometimes do a yoga DVD that i have. I like that, cause it gets me all stretched out but I'm sweating by the end of it.

I do want to start doing something else. I would love to have the funds to start doing water class.

Maybe someone can suggest a slower paced video i could download?? Just to get me started.

I'm the kind of person who thinks running is only if the building i on fire or something is chasing you and going to eat you. :happy:
  • I feel like an underachiever. I've been doing nothing really. I've been making myself get up off the couch and do things around the house. Forcing myself to go up and down the stairs to do laundry seems like challenge enough at the moment.

I do sometimes do a yoga DVD that i have. I like that, cause it gets me all stretched out but I'm sweating by the end of it.

I do want to start doing something else. I would love to have the funds to start doing water class.

Maybe someone can suggest a slower paced video i could download?? Just to get me started.

I'm the kind of person who thinks running is only if the building i on fire or something is chasing you and going to eat you. :happy:
    Doing house work can do alot for someone who isn't use to doing exercise. You don't have to get up and start running 5k's, but going out for a walk would do wonders. Even if its only for 10 mins. Set a goal to add an extra min or 2 of walking to each new week. The hardest part is getting out the door. The feeling of accomplishment when reaching even the smallest of goals is wonderful!
  • Juliane_
    Options
    I feel like an underachiever. I've been doing nothing really. I've been making myself get up off the couch and do things around the house. Forcing myself to go up and down the stairs to do laundry seems like challenge enough at the moment.

I'm answering your post because I KNOW how you feel. This was me about 2 weeks ago. I was so unmotivated to do ANYTHING! It just feels like too much work for me and not to mention how weak I was. I still am. I only started last week. What got me motivated? Pictures that I saw of myself at a wedding. It was DISGUSTING. :sick: it infuriated me to see my body like that. That's the fire that is fueling me now. I'm also watching the biggest loser series on netflix and that is very motivating. If they can why can't I?

I won't tell you what to do because I feel you need to find what will work for you. I will suggest you consider doing Slim in 6 workouts. That's what I started with. After the first day I was a bit sore for 2 days. Expect that BUT it is totally worth it because the workouts make you stronger EACH time you do them and there is no high impact movements like jogging, running, fast aerobics, etc. You don't even have to have a lot of coordination because the workouts are not fast paced. You basically do a lot of legwork, some abs and some arm movements. After doing slim in 6 I tried Jilliam Michaels 30 day shred and the workout was not as bad as I thought. It was still a hard workout but I was able to get through it and my legs weren't killing me when I did the leg work on her dvd so I truly believe slim in 6 helped my legs gain some strength. Once you have some strength the workouts become easier and it won't hurt anymore. You'll be able to handle it more. I'm also doing some walking to get some aerobic/cardio workouts in my week.

Take it one step at a time and find your motivation. You really need to get mad enough to WANT this. You Deserve to have a healthy strong body. Just think how STRONG you'll feel.
  • deegee44
    deegee44 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have just started back at the gym, had surgery last december, then knee pain started in spring, then back pain in August! so just have not been able to go. However...prior to all of this, I have trained on and off for many years. What works best for me, is to train 3 times a week cardio and weights. (including cardio classes such as zumba or spinning) maybe on a weekend go for a bike ride.
    A dvd that I would like to start doing again and I absolutely swear by is ChiZle- it by Charles harris. Very old but it works! and if it works, I don't care how old it is.
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Okay, when my alarm went off this morning . . . I reset it and went back to sleep. My body just felt TIRED. I don't know if this is a result of the sugar blowout I had yesterday (daughter's 8th birthday), or what. But, I basically took an extra rest day from Insanity. Tonight, I am going for a run, might even do Day 2 of the Butt Bible workout, getting in bed early, and I'll hit Insanity tomorrow morning. I can do this, I can do this, I can . . . .
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    This week I started a routine. Waking up at 530 to run m/w/f then doing crossfit when I get out of work on m/w/f then T/th I have mandatory physical training with my unit (I'm AD Air Force) which is sometimes a 3 mile run or running on the treadmil or circuit training. Plus I just signed up for a 5K in October. I absolutely hate running. I'm so so slow at it and I agree running from a burning bldg is the only necessary running I need, but I have a PT test at the end of the month and if you fail 3 in a year you can bet discharged so I need to pass. Not worth losing 15 years in the service. I'm good with all the other categories- waist measurement, situps and pushups, but the run is my worst category. I figure the only way to get better at running is... to run so there ya go.

I'm currently living in North Japan so when the winter comes (8months long with tons of snow) I plan to take it inside and trade my running in the am for jillian michael videos. I have 30 day shred but need to get more.
  • bettcher2004
    bettcher2004 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I injured my shoulder a while back and have had a really hard time finding something that burns a lot of calories without hurting. I have cycled for a few months but just started doing the TurboFire using the prep schedule and am very excited about it. I used to love my aerobics classes and this seems to be similar.
  • mystikfairy61
    mystikfairy61 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Since I started my diet and exercise program in Aug, I have been doing Zumba at home. My favorite is the cardio party, it is 45 mins and really doesn't feel like it. Although my arthritis in my knee has been bothering me so I am going to do every other day for a few weeks instead of 5 days a week. May not lose as much but trying to keep my joint pain free is just as important and at least I am getting the recommended 30 mins 3-4 times a week. I have cut down on the intensity as well.