5K Results

Options
AsellusReborn
AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
Since we're in the last leg of the program I thought I'd create a thread for those of us who are registered for 5Ks. I'm sure everyone is as nosey as I am - err, I mean, wants to cheerlead everyone else on! ...yeah, that - so use this thread to tell us about the races you're registered for! Once you've run then - tell us your time! Tell us how you felt, how you feel!

Replies

• AsellusReborn
    Options
    I'll start off - I'm registered for two right now and super excited :) I have the Race Judicata in Chicago this Thursday at 6:30pm - my husband is running too and he picked up our packets. This week I extended my runs a little bit to make sure I can do the whole distance, so had a 41:30 run for 3miles for week 7 day 1. The race itself will actually be my week 7 day 3 - I can hardly wait and yet, I am SO nervous!

I'm also registered for the Brookfield Zoo Run Run on 9/23 in Brookfield IL, which will be at the end of Week 9 and that one will be a morning run. I'm really excited for that one - I registered for it when I started the C25K as my motivation to continue. I can't believe it's almost here!

I'm thinking of registering for Matt's Mile and 5K on Oct 5 in the evening, just because it's so close. I'd really like to but I have babysitting issues I'll need to figure out first.
  • cmecme
    cmecme Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Registering for the jingle bell run at beginning of December. I did it about 11 years ago in 30 minutes. I know I wont get to that time, just hoping i will finish in under 45 minutes. Good luck!
  • AsellusReborn
    Options
    Oh good luck, that sounds fun! :D

I finished my Race Judicata with a time of 40:18 - it was a terrible day though so I know my time this Sunday will kick that one in the butt.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/hbarnstein
  • triskele
    triskele Posts: 26 Member
    Options

I finished my Race Judicata with a time of 40:18 - it was a terrible day though so I know my time this Sunday will kick that one in the butt.

WAY TO GO!!!! You did it!! So the day didn't go the way you wanted it to, but you got out there and did it - and 40:18 isn't bad at all. And now you're a seasoned pro with all the knowledge of what can and will go wrong under your belt. :tongue:

I'm doing the "Running of the Bulls" 5K this Sunday in Houston. I must admit that the 25 min runs of week 7 have kicked my butt. I had a brief walking break halfway through on day 1 and 2, but yesterday I made it all 25 minutes without stopping. I'm nervous and excited about the run. I'll let you know how it goes.
  • Overboard_Eater
    Overboard_Eater Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have an Ocean Run on Sunday. Haven't actually registered but I know I will the morning of since I already told everyone about it... Complete W8D1 today having run 2.5 miles.
  • AsellusReborn
    Options

WAY TO GO!!!! You did it!! So the day didn't go the way you wanted it to, but you got out there and did it - and 40:18 isn't bad at all. And now you're a seasoned pro with all the knowledge of what can and will go wrong under your belt. :tongue:

I'm doing the "Running of the Bulls" 5K this Sunday in Houston. I must admit that the 25 min runs of week 7 have kicked my butt. I had a brief walking break halfway through on day 1 and 2, but yesterday I made it all 25 minutes without stopping. I'm nervous and excited about the run. I'll let you know how it goes.

Oh definitely lol. And the way I figure, I can only get better now! My pace is getting way better in my runs too.

Good luck with the Running of the Bulls - I'll be thinking of you! :D And yay 25 minutes! Now that I've proven I /can/ run that long I usually run 10-12 and then walk for 1 and go again - my times are so much better that way.

Good luck with the Ocean Run - I'll be thinking of you too! 9/23 is apparently 5K day lol!
  • cmecme
    cmecme Posts: 227 Member
    Options

AWESOME!!!
  • AsellusReborn
    Options
    So how did the Ocean Run go!

I did my 5K yesterday and though everything went right, whereas everything on the previous one went wrong, it was just a bad run. I'm not sure why but I was so much slower than I was in training. Disappointing, but I know there will be more in my future.
  • Overboard_Eater
    Overboard_Eater Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    The Ocean Run was great. It was a beautiful clear bright morning and the route is gorgeous along the ocean. I finished with a time of 35:01. I self-registered for a division called Athena which is for women over 150 pounds, and I won 2nd place! The photo is me holding my trophy :) I had a great cheering section and had written my girls' names on my arms for encouragement. It wasn't easy at the end but I am so proud of myself.

I never thought that when I started this on July 29 that I would actually run a 5K and enjoy it. Next race will be at the end of October.

My goal for next year is a sprint triathlon which is a 1/4 mile swim, 11 mile bike, 3.1 mile run. I love being "in training".
  • triskele
    triskele Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Running of the Bulls went great yesterday and I finished with a time of 39:04. I was so inspired by the people there. Each time I took a walking break, my motivation to continue was:
    - the woman running while pushing a stroller with 2 kids
    - the senior citizen who looked like he may have trouble walking, but nobody was going to stop him from running
    - the man with no legs cruising through the crowds of runners on a skateboard

It was a really good reminder that no matter how heavy the load seems to carry, anyone can find the strength to push on.

Now I'm going to work on beating my time. I already signed up for another race: the color run 5k in Houston on Nov. 17th.

Congrats to everyone who got out there and gave it their best shot - we're all winners!
  • AsellusReborn
    Options
    Oh I forgot to ask about your race, Triskele - so sorry! Glad to hear it went well though!

And wow congratulations on winning 2nd place! :o
  • MGMum
    MGMum Posts: 29
    Options
    Awesome, Ladies! Unfortunately I don't see any 5Ks in my future for a while, due to it being hockey season and I've got two boys playing, and one is travel. Local travel, but still, my weekends are filled up with that and the weekends I don't have the boys, I work 12 hour shifts. Hopefully the organizers of two local neighbourhood runs will post the dates soon and whether or not kids can go, because if the dates work, I'll do one or both of them. Failing that, when hockey is over, I'm "saving the date" of the Colour Me Rad run in Detroit next May and we'll go over and do that.
  • AsellusReborn
    Options
    But you know when you get there you'll do awesome :) Who knows - maybe your first will be a 10k, or even a 10mile!