It okay to be a Wallflower today! 9/27

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Hey!!!!! When was the last time you did the wall squat hold?? For beginners do 30 seconds and the rest 1 minute! If feeling frisky those advanced put your arms out and lift one leg! Do 3 sets. Ha! Didn't think I could make it harder did ya?!?! Heh heh heeh heh!!!!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=wall squat hold&gbv=2&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gD4h2Kl5vU

Both give visuals and how to make it more difficult!

Peace,
Wonder Woman

Replies

• aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Add calf raises in the sit position and/or (for those with small kids) put one on your lap. Horsey ride!
  • dadzpeach
    dadzpeach Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Is it weird that I love wall squats? My younger brother challenged me to who could hold it longest.... I was still going for quite awhile after he stopped... Even better was that it was in front of all of his friends at youth group :smile:

Anywho, I will do this tonight after work!
  • kriskerans
    kriskerans Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to try :smile:
  • cuatromommy
    cuatromommy Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    OMG...we did squat holds in boot camp this morning while our partner ran 2 laps...keep in mind these squat holds were with no wall...it was pure torture. Thank goodness my partner runs fast. Ha!
  • arlene1554
    arlene1554 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!! First you need to understand...I don't exercise...ever! BUT...I signed up for this challenge, so I thought I would give it a try. I did not know what a squat hold was so I watched the utube video. My husband and I were laughing so hard as I attempted to get in the squat position, that I literally had tears running down my leg!!! My first attempt was not a complete success. My legs started to shake and I was screaming at my husband...'is 30 seconds up yet?' He was laughing too hard to even answer me. I was smart enough to have my husband set a timer for my second attempt. That 30 seconds seemed like 30 minutes to me. I was successful!!! This is a first for me, and although many of you folks that work out and such may think this is so easy....to me it was a huge success. Thank you ...for the challenge ...and for the laugh!!!!
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Done. Wall chairs suck when you have a small human worth of weight to lose.
  • kriskerans
    kriskerans Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    So far I've been at work for 6hrs and I've been able to do 7, in my office behind my door... still trying for more :smile:
  • beccalongnecker07
    Options
    I've done 4 so far. Didn't realize how tough they were. Thanks for the challenge. Always looking for new things to try.
  • tmhatten
    Options
    That is hard! Thanks for the challenge!
  • jpiane
    Options
    I did this on Tuesday. Another name for it is God's Chair.
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Do not feel bad, I have been working out for over a year and I still cry on these. I am about to do my 3 sets after making my bed. That way I can collapse on my comfy bed when done. Wish me luck.

OMG!!!! First you need to understand...I don't exercise...ever! BUT...I signed up for this challenge, so I thought I would give it a try. I did not know what a squat hold was so I watched the utube video. My husband and I were laughing so hard as I attempted to get in the squat position, that I literally had tears running down my leg!!! My first attempt was not a complete success. My legs started to shake and I was screaming at my husband...'is 30 seconds up yet?' He was laughing too hard to even answer me. I was smart enough to have my husband set a timer for my second attempt. That 30 seconds seemed like 30 minutes to me. I was successful!!! This is a first for me, and although many of you folks that work out and such may think this is so easy....to me it was a huge success. Thank you ...for the challenge ...and for the laugh!!!!
    [/quote]
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Ms Arlene you had me cracking up just me visualizing you and hour husband laughing so hard while you doing chair pose. LOOOL!!!!! Thank you for making me laugh! LOL!!!!!!

Ms CuatroMa...NO wall!!?!?!?!
  • AmelieJG
    Options
    yepp did this yesterday was more difficult then I thought it would be!