Nonstop Shred

Options
Ive always heard or read that your muscles need a break and not to do the gym every single day. So my question is should you take a day off once a week or so or do the 30 days non stop?

Replies

• Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I have the same question. You are suppose to take rest days in between workouts so your muscle can heal.. but Jillian says to do it every day lol. But yeah, insight from the rest of the group?
  • FrauSarah
    Options
    The only explanation she gives is "you need to put stress on your body, to make it change as fast as possible". I did the David Kirsch diet a few years ago and he forces you to exercise evey day too. (I had a very old book, not sure if that's still the case). And all over was his diet way too crazy for me.
  • danceVICKIdance
    danceVICKIdance Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I, honestly, would take a break as you deem fit. When I did it the first time, I needed to take a break after the first couple of days and let sore muscles and bones relax. After that, I was all for it!

What I would recommend taking a break after you start a new level and feel sore. Don't wimp out if you're not sore and just wanna be a bum. But at the same time, realize that if you are starting to hurt and you don't rest, you could do some serious, permanent damage. I know that starting today, I am going to start working out again.

Considering I went right back to my old weight! I started building this muscle, and now I'm right back up to 182 lbs.

**For everyone who is also doing 6W6P, remember that level 01 is building the muscles in your abdomen, rather than burning the fat.**