Rapid cycling (sleep. eating. and moods askew)

Options
rce884
rce884 Posts: 47 Member
Hello, thank you for taking the time to read my post. i have been dx bipolar II for about 18 years. but they say my age of onset was about 5. most of my youth and childhood was spent in a constant state of rapid cycling. however i have been stable for about ten years. and am no longer accustomed to capitulating to the whims of my fractured mind. i like to go to bed at night wake up in the day. and i just paid an astronomical sum ((for me)) for the advice of a dietician and diet dr that i am finding it impossible to follo9w. for example i cant sleep Sunday night, so at 7 i go eat breakfast , at noon i try and have a nap after taking some clonazapam. the nap goes to one in the morning when i am hungry. so i eat dinner food knowing it is not right and i shouldn't eat at night. then i cant sleep and at seven my body is saying you should eat breakfast food. and my mood is making me crazy
the food cravings are nuts. i feel like a crazy person. i want chocolate but when i put it in my mouth i almost gag. i want chips i eat two or three and the rest just sit in the bowl. everything tastes bad. and its not i am eating the same things i always do **on the diet.. good stuff, fruit veg, even junk that exists solely to satisfy you, tastes like cardboard. coffee is disgusting. i am just going mad and then when i do make something like a pasta salad i eat a ton of it forcing it down because i know i need something in my stomach

any advice would be appriciated. even just a consoling shoulder.

RCE884

Replies

• MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Wow, that sounds like a trainwreck. =(

Did the dietitian/doctor understand what prescriptions you are on when they made a plan with you? I know from my own experiences that I need to taper into new routines rather than go all "all or nothing" when I need to make adjustments for myself.

*Hugs*
  • rce884
    rce884 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your support. sometimes just know ing that i am not alone is helpful. i suppose you are right about new things in the last three months i have gone on a drastic lifestyle change new roomate, published a book, diet dr, excercising, its just a lot of big changes. more hours at work. i dont know i suppoes this was inevidable. cant be stable forever or they would have called me cured years ago.

have a nice day and thank you
    :)
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Well, sometimes our instability encourages our creativity, its just finding balance in a constantly changing environment that makes things problematic. Yet, change is necessary or we dry up and rot.

So, no, darlin, you are not alone. :)
  • screamapillar
    Options
    Hello!

I'm sorry that you are struggling, but I completely relate to what you are going through! I myself have not been sleeping very much over the last several months, then I stay up all night and get my little spurts of sleep during the day to the point that I'm not even eating "breakfast" until 5 or 6. Then, if I tried to eat earlier (say 11 or 12), I get within my calorie range by 9 or 10 o'clock. The problem is, if I stay up super late again, I stress out and mindlessly snack. The combination of stress, lacking in sleep, and the munching are a horrible combination for weight loss!

I hope you're able to find something that helps and works for you. Feel free to add me, maybe we can encourage each other and find ways to STOP with this habit!