NAP TIME!

Options
aakaakaak
aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
Sleep is highly beneficial to your body's processes. If you're not sleeping right it can hinder your sanity, your health and even your weight loss. Today's challenge (since Wonder Woman/Garlic Girl is already taking one) is to take a nap. Take one after work or on your lunch break if you can. Just don't oversleep your nap or it could mess up your regular sleep schedule. Have some random sleep related information to think about while you nap:

http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/excessive-sleepiness-10/lack-of-sleep-weight-gain

Replies

• garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    "Not getting enough sleep is common -- even talked about with pride -- in the U.S. “We brag about an all-nighter, but we do pay a price for staying up late and getting up early,” says Mark Mahowald, MD, director of the Minnesota Regional Sleep Disorders Center in Hennepin County."

Soooooo TRUE!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!! I call it 'sleep-driving' what most folks do in the am!

P.S.
    I love you Mr AAK!!!!!!!!:heart:
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    lol my mom is taking a nap right now :( im at work for another hr or so and it will be to late for me to take a nap but i promise i will sleep good tonight! :yawn:
  • seximami79
    seximami79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    not getting enough sleep affects your mood and eating patterns. can someone tell my toddler that, please?
  • arlene1554
    arlene1554 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A nap was absolutely out of the question today. I left the house at 7 am and got back home at 6 pm. If I tried to take a nap after I got home...dinner would not be served until at least 9 pm. I did hit the snooze button on the alarm this morning though...does that count!?! Hahahaha! :blushing:
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    not getting enough sleep affects your mood and eating patterns. can someone tell my toddler that, please?

I know how you feel. When my kids were young they refused to nap. it was way more work to get them to nap than it was worth. i ended up being the one that fell asleep while they roamed the house getting into mischief. I feel for you.

I slept in this morning and actually several times this week I slept in and let the kids do the same. I feel pretty good. I sure hope you all feel refreshed too.