anyone else HCRV?

Options
Hey raw foodies! Curious if anyone else is high carb (low fat) raw vegan? I'm just easing into it now, reading 80/10/10 and have really upped my fruit intake. Would love to friend anyone else who is on this path, too, or just hear your xperiences, good or bad. Thanks!

Replies

• babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Greetings,
    I haven't read the book,but i am familiar with it.I've
    been mostly (95%..) Raw vegan since Nov. It has
    definitly been a journey. One of many many changes.
    It truely would be nice to have some real company
    To share experience 's. Right now i have been experience
    Into No sleep.It is horrid,to the point i am so tired
    And my eyes even hurt,but i just can not sleep.2 hrs.
    In 3 days. I have been documenting the physical
    changes for the most part.Toxins released in
    ways I never read about,Or heard of.I do Not want
    to give up & am desparetly waiting for that ENERGY
    to come.Honest trsnsitions so very dearly welcome.
    I am wrong,its been since end of Oct. Too tired to
    Look it up.The one thing i believe i need t'mor is a
    B 12 shot.The main reason i started mfp wash to
    track my nutrients,as you know, you really don't
    Need to count cals.I wash taking. Zinc,Spirulina
    All the super Foods,but no powders,or soy.I will
    Keep goiung on this path,aGood Luck. Anyone
    Please message me with any insight.God Bless.
  • KristyRAWks
    Options
    Wow, it seems odd that you may still be detoxing from Oct. Is your food diary public, can I take a look? I'm high raw t the moment (probably 80-90% give or take) and haven't had any detox symptoms. Are you drinking enough water?
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever heard of chronic insomnia as a "detox" symptom. The exhaustion is probably a result of the insomnia. My guess is something else is going on.
  • babynew
    Options
    Hey,you 2 thanks for your input,& i didn't mean to
    Infringe on your post,but,i feel we all need help in
    This scheme of a new journey. RAW,YOU sound like you
    know. More than you let on,& Mel, i have seem some
    Of your posts and,it seems like. Minds.I am still learning
    And trying to follow my bodies cues. You know,adding this or that
    Like when my length are so weak,or skakey,or wobbly
    (Sorry,tears are flowing,adding to the prpfuse sweating)
    Let me back up.After i posted,..i finally tell asleep,but
    Only 4 -6..= 2hrs..so now i have 4 hrs.sleep in 3 data.
    Hardly enough for any REM,or energy to function
    Daily let alone exercise. I an cranky,+ have begin to
    Cry....when i awoke,(prior to being. Vocal w.both my
    Adult kids )?/-(*:"!..& looking over some notes on
    Different herbs,spices,healing vegs,etc. .I made way
    To my kitchen, and made 2 recipes,from the first
    Cleansing one.I threw everything. I had (!luckily,
    I an heavily stocked currently )...That i kneww might
    Help my different organs.Guys,there is sooo much
    To this.
  • babynew
    Options
    Oops,battery problem.
    I find it odd that i could still be detoxing.Although,I
    Really have no clue. Additionally,i only ate a lobster
    Bisque & one other taste of a dish i bad to prepare
    For my family,that wash out of the normal for my
    System to start this All over again.Or,continue BIG
    Time.Us this normal??...Oh, I had some wine. .sposedly
    Raw.This entire time through, i would literally Drip
    For no other reason known,plus other things i don't
    Choose to mention here.Any / All help is welcomed,with
    Valid points of reference .I really enjoy making my own
    Concoctions,truely tasty & healthy.Don't want to quit
    And find it hard to think that any natural food combining could be Toxic.I am however not a trained
    ??? Mixologist,herbalist,Shamen,perhaps in a past life.
    I do however have one other thought that might be happening,i will post later,but i don't know how to
    Remedy......HELP if you can Please. ....Thank You.
  • Diantha44
    Options
    I jumped feet first into the "raw vegan" pool back in August 2005. I was "DEDICATED 100%" for many years and slipped and slid on & off for the past few years. I eat "clean" and very healthy in comparison to anyone I know but with a steady weight GAIN over the past couple of years I became discouraged with raw and dappled in all other kinds of diets like I did in the past!....not really what I wanted to do but what I did....I joined this site to track my calorie & nutrient intake and am back on track to begin again on the raw path...felt so much better ON than OFF...and now that I have had a CRA and know I need supplementations for various "isues" I am more motivated to get ON track and stay focused...I am "officially" going 100% raw on 1/1/12 but am dappling in my recipes now until the end of the year (3 days right?)....I DO know A LOT about this lifestyle because I was the only RV I knew so I had to teach myself! In doing so I ended up teaching others at our local HFS but have not done so in a few years-felt like a hypocrite for not "sticking to it 100%".......but this will soon change! I DO like 80-10-10 and highly recommend it for a cleanse and will start out that way for now!

I am glad to see there are "OTHERS" interested in this way of life!:flowerforyou:
  • bambiphae
    Options
    80/10/10 doesn't have to be a cleanse! obviously if you're viewing it that way, you are not getting enough fruit in!! Supplements other than B12 really shouldn't be necessary on a raw foods diet if you are eating enough. Try watching videos by Freelee and Durianrider and checking out 30bananasaday.com.

I started off mostly raw but I wasn't eating enough fruit at the beginning, plus I was coming off a lot of really bad crash dieting. I went 90/5/5 no overts (no nuts or seeds, just raw fruits and vegetables) and gradually increased my intake from under 900 calories to 2000 or more a day. It's only hard because you aren't eating enough!
  • ZoeArnesen
    ZoeArnesen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love the 80/10/10 book and am easing into the 80/10/10 lifestyle, doing high carb but including some pasta and other cooked carbs. I want to be 100% LFRV/HCRV in the next month or so (or less if I can do it!). Good luck!
  • Bitute
    Options
    Hi! So nice to see You all here. I am trying to be raw from Jul 2011, for about 2 weeks i HCRV and it feels amazing, just i have some spots on my face, but i think that is detox... I have so much power, i'm doing 2x40min elliptical training and could do much more if i would have more time :))) I have watched all Freellee and Durianrider, also Philip McCluskey, Matthew Armstrong videos on youtube it had inspired me a lot. It would be very nice to have HCRW friends here to share our experience :flowerforyou:
  • Jesse_Hunter
    Jesse_Hunter Posts: 162 Member
    Options
  • veganza
    veganza Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan for 7 years and I'm just starting HCRV after years of interest + moving to the tropics. Still eating a few cooked bits and pieces, here and there, depending on food price fluctuations... I live in an expensive part of the world! Please feel free to add me, fellow HCRVs!