Support & daily motivation

Options
I thought we could use a topic, where we can chat about our daily struggles and of course our success!

I just finished day 6 workout and feel ok, not as great as in the beginning, but that could be the lack of carbs, chocolate and pizza :).

Replies

• pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Well, I said it in the other thread, but today was Day2 for me, and I found it a lot harder than Day1! (probably 'cause I'm so sore!)
    I *did* finish, though...but I had to stop maybe one push-up short; they are TOUGH to me!
    I really can't believe how weak and out-of-shape I am, but...
    I'M WORKING ON IT!!!
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 8 of Level 1, I'm already seeing more definition! I can only imagine what my end result will be! As for my actual scale weight though.. not seeing much improvement.. I actually gained .8 lbs from yesterday. err. I'm trying to re-evaluate my food intake, and remind myself that it could be water retention (since I had quite a bit of sodium yesterday) or muscle gain. Here's to hoping I have a good rest of the day and not give in to snacks lol
  • FrauSarah
    Options
    This morning I felt some muscles in my stomache - I am amazed, there could be some hidden under the baby fat. ;-)

@Goal_Driven: I think it is very likely that you gained, because of the muscle buildup. You already lost 22 lbs, that is amazing! When did you start?
  • MrsRachaelM
    MrsRachaelM Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was absolutely starving yest. I went from who knows how many calories in a day to only 1200 or under. I have been really watching what I'm eating and using the app like a crazy person.

As far as the working out I am on day 4 (haven't done the workout yet today) and I am telling you I can barely walk up the stairs because my calves hurt soooo bad. My arms have always been weak even when I lifted everyday when I was in HS my arms took forever to build up muscle so the pushups are horrible...

Each day is getting a lot easier though and I am even getting to the point I like doing the video and how I feel when I am done, like I accomplished something.
  • FrauSarah
    Options
    I know, the push ups where killing me. Honestly on the first day, I could not do one. Now I can do about 5, without cheating :)
  • Goal_Driven
    Options
    This morning I felt some muscles in my stomache - I am amazed, there could be some hidden under the baby fat. ;-)

@Goal_Driven: I think it is very likely that you gained, because of the muscle buildup. You already lost 22 lbs, that is amazing! When did you start?

Thanks! I started MFP in January, but it took me a while to get the hang of things and to actually stick with it :P So really, most of the weight loss has happened in the past 3 months.

... I'm debating whether to do the shred tonight or not :( not feeling too great right now. Low energy, can't keep my lunch down, slight fever. Maybe it'll be better by the time I get off work..
  • pamcuster
    Options
    Day3 for me today...it went better than yesterday.

It's my thighs that are most sore!
  • jencuts15
    jencuts15 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I AM SO SORE!!! Ughhh yesterday was day 2 for me and it was harder than day 1. My "abs" are screaming!! I do the motified version of the push ups right now so I can finish the full set. I also struggle with side lunges with arm raises. I can never get my arms up!! How heavy of weights are people using?? I only have 3 pound weights but I was thinking of going out and buying 5lb...
  • tessavonhagen
    tessavonhagen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    im on day four took a break between day 2 and 3 and had a much harder time doing it on day 3 than i did on day one. dont know what was up with that. Its extremly hard and intense but i love the energy boost it gives me after i do it i feel like i took the best energy pill in the world and am bouncing off the walls. its awesome for getting house work done!
  • Goal_Driven
    Options
    im on day four took a break between day 2 and 3 and had a much harder time doing it on day 3 than i did on day one. dont know what was up with that. Its extremly hard and intense but i love the energy boost it gives me after i do it i feel like i took the best energy pill in the world and am bouncing off the walls. its awesome for getting house work done!

haha I always clean afterwards too :P

No worries, I completed Day 8 yesterday.. I was feeling much better after work! Glad I didn't skip it!!
  • danceVICKIdance
    danceVICKIdance Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I AM SO SORE!!! Ughhh yesterday was day 2 for me and it was harder than day 1. My "abs" are screaming!! I do the motified version of the push ups right now so I can finish the full set. I also struggle with side lunges with arm raises. I can never get my arms up!! How heavy of weights are people using?? I only have 3 pound weights but I was thinking of going out and buying 5lb...

I agree with this one hundred and ten percent! I can't even do a modified push up. :( I literally get on my hands and KNEES, and then I bend at my waist to go up and down. :) And when it comes to the side lunges with arm raises, I don't even use weights. It's far too much. :/
  • pamcuster
    Options
    I started with one-pound weights, just because I had them handy. Then on Day3, my son gave me his three-pounders...OH MY WORD, was that ever a huge difference! I'm going to stick with the threes, but they are tough...it will be a while before I could even think about moving up!
  • danceVICKIdance
    danceVICKIdance Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I started with one-pound weights, just because I had them handy. Then on Day3, my son gave me his three-pounders...OH MY WORD, was that ever a huge difference! I'm going to stick with the threes, but they are tough...it will be a while before I could even think about moving up!

I use three pound weights as well.
  • pamcuster
    Options
    Day 4 today...it must be too soon for improved endurance, because this is still tough!

Today, I used the 3lb weights for the first set of squats, then swapped for the 1lb! Also, on those side lunges, I used the ones.

I was pressed for time today, so I'm proud of myself for still making sure I got this workout in!
  • FrauSarah
    Options
    My knees hurt today, so I did the 6 weeks 6 pack one. Man' that one felt even harder to me. No way I can do both in one day!
  • idoitforkristal
    Options
    My muscles are so sore!!! I am on day 3. I still can't get my legs to do the butt kicks. I just jog in place the best I can. I am currently using cans of spaghetti sauce. They are just over a pound. I have 3 pounds, but there is no way I can use them yet. Figure the cans will work until i get stronger, which, at least mentally, I already feel coming on!
  • crummans1096
    Options
    This made me smile!! :)
  • tessavonhagen
    tessavonhagen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    ok did day 5 today switched from 1.5 pd weights to one 3.3 pd and one 5 pd so i kept having to switch arms on the weights couldnt find the other three pd. was very hard. still having issues with the push ups i started out on day one able to do them without to much prob. now i cant hardly do them so i wait till the cool down and pause it then redo the pushups. anyone else have this issue?
  • jencuts15
    jencuts15 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was day 7!! Feeling great!! I'm anxious to move on to Level 2 which I'm sure will be much harder!!!
  • sarahdarlinton
    sarahdarlinton Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Cant wait to get to the point where it gets easier. I'm on Day 5, and i still am sore! My cardio has improved, but not my strength! I'm still struggling with 2.5lb weights for the side lunges! And i feel out of breath when i do the sit-ups and (modified) push-ups! But at least i'm not bored, neither is the work-out too long, so i just manage to push thru it!