Need Help? Daily Diet, Exercise, Etc.

Options
Certified Personal Trainer/Certified Nutritionist

Not sure what to do or where to start? How are you going to make this 90 day challenge successful?
Do you have a game plan? Are your goals set? Are you reminding yourself of them daily?

In order to make a 90 day challenge as such successful you need to set a goal, have a plan, get in the mindset and GO GO GO~~~

if you're not sure... have questions... feel confused about a few things.. or maybe you just flat out feel STUCK...
Please feel free to message me. I would love to help get you going in the right direction! We have some time before the official start date so lets work on getting you on track NOW.. Now is THE TIME.

xx

Replies

• ZivileZu
    ZivileZu Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    @LittleLovei Thanks for organizing the challenge and being so helpful!

My game plan for the 90 day challenge is to finally come around to completing the Insanity. I'll start a bit early than the 15th as I always like doing things on the 1st week of the month (makes me more motivated)... but I know for a fact that there will be days I won't be able to squeeze in a workout so my goal is to complete Insanity in the 90 days instead of 60. I also want to start eating a little better than I do now - one step at a time.

I have motivational pictures, training schedule and healthy food recipes pinned all over my fridge :)
  • dawnM3007
    Options
    Hey! Do u have advice on how to get your motivation back? 6 weeks ago I was in a really good place. I had lost my baby weight, went to the gym 3 times a week, ate pretty well and felt good. But then me and my fiancé had relationship problems and my mum and brother heaped a load of their problems on me and I lost where I was completely. I have gained weight (around 5 lbs) and clothes are not looking good anymore. Because of all the stuff that happened I have turned it in on myself and it's like I'm punishing myself. I know by eating rubbish and not working out it makes me feel like rubbish yet everyday Im acting the same way which then makes me feel bad! I've got goals for this Xmas challenge and will b doing a round of turbo fire but can't get it till around the 15th and have cancelled the gym to pay for it. So I would love some advice on what to do till the 15th cause I really want to feel good again and back to my old motivated self! :-)
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thanks, so much for the challenge. I am motivated and ready to take my weight loss and fitness goals to the max!! My goal is to lose 25 pounds and to be able to do a push up!!!
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I need to learn when enough is enough! I go to the gym 3 times a week (once is with a pt) I eat as best as I can (im cleaning up on carbs v protein at the minute) but feel really guilty when Im not at the gym thats my biggest challenge!
  • LovelyLathrop
    Options
    I need to learn when enough is enough! I go to the gym 3 times a week (once is with a pt) I eat as best as I can (im cleaning up on carbs v protein at the minute) but feel really guilty when Im not at the gym thats my biggest challenge!

There are alternatives to the gym. I believe some sort of physically activity daily is a wonderful thing.. So why not on your off days from the gym go on a walk? Do some in home workouts-- walking in place, sit ups, jumping jacks, etc.. etc. Maybe purchase an at home workout DVD of your choice! This way there's no need to feel guilty :)
  • ltfitz89
    ltfitz89 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I know I can eat right and exercise if I am motivated, and most days I start out really well. But if we are slow at work and when I get home from work I slip right into old habits. I eat, and I eat junk. I live with my family so I cannot just rid the house of junk as I would like, and if I am frustrated by homework (which I spend about 3-4 hours a night doing now) I tend to use food as my escape! I know its wrong and I get amd at myself as I am sitting eating a Ghirardelli square (or 4) but I just cant make myself stop! Help! Any suggestions on how to make myself stop eating at night (which i know is terrible for me anyway)
  • sayavel
    Options
    Think this advise is one I will try to do too. I walk the family dog almost every morning, and haven't been doing the gym...so now goal is gym as well...swimming laps or machines as well. Could do my old exercise tapes as well. I could even use my daughters eliptic glider too. So will set up what to do next and begin .
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options

There are alternatives to the gym. I believe some sort of physically activity daily is a wonderful thing.. So why not on your off days from the gym go on a walk? Do some in home workouts-- walking in place, sit ups, jumping jacks, etc.. etc. Maybe purchase an at home workout DVD of your choice! This way there's no need to feel guilty :)

I must of read your mind because me and my friend actually discussed doing alternate days at the gym and the days we arent there to walk around the neighbourhood a few times!!
  • LovelyLathrop
    Options
    I know I can eat right and exercise if I am motivated, and most days I start out really well. But if we are slow at work and when I get home from work I slip right into old habits. I eat, and I eat junk. I live with my family so I cannot just rid the house of junk as I would like, and if I am frustrated by homework (which I spend about 3-4 hours a night doing now) I tend to use food as my escape! I know its wrong and I get amd at myself as I am sitting eating a Ghirardelli square (or 4) but I just cant make myself stop! Help! Any suggestions on how to make myself stop eating at night (which i know is terrible for me anyway)

Eat ENOUGH throughout the day.. 5-6 small meals, 1,200-1,600 calories, healthy snacks, and lots of water. I find a lot of night time snackers are people that don't eat enough-- HEALTHY FOOD-- throughout the day..

WORKOUT, helps me a ton! I'm a complete night owl.. Not as much anymore since I got my booty in the gym..

Have a GOAL... Have a dream body? fitness inspiration? etc. Print out some photos, take a peek when you're about to binge on something.. REMEMBER THIS IS A LIFESTYLE, it goes above and beyond just 90 days.. You need to get in the mind set, you need to WANT IT..

Have healthy food available for night time, just in case! Some fruit and veggies easily accessible is always a good idea! That way if you do have that urge, you can grab a handful of sweet grapes and walk away!!
  • sboo
    sboo Posts: 170 Member
    Options

This is a big challenge for a lot of us. Recently a few of us ladies get together and meet up at the neighborhood track, school, or were ever we can get some cardio in. We climb bleachers, jog, walk, climb hills, etc.... Whatever we can think of to give us a good burn.. So far... so good...
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I have a game plan to get going with this challenge, my problem (believe it or not) is I have an issue eating enough calories. I basically can not get all of my calories in eating healthy. When I get my calories up to the limit I end up way over in fat and carbs. My sugars are normally over due to my strawberry smoothie (breakfast) and an orange. I love what I eat each day, but need to tweak my daily menu to get all of my items (calories, fat, carbs, etc....) in line without going over.
  • DisneyFreak76
    Options
    Hi! I am losing weight but I need help with some exercises to target a few areas. The first area is my arms. The area when you flex and the bottom of the arm just jiggles. I really don't know how to work those muscle and am starting to wonder if I will need liposuction to get rid of it. I am not going to get lipo but just saying. The next area is the back of my thighs. I have like a pocket of fat right below my butt that is kind of on the outer side of back thighs. The pocket seems to be getting bigger the more I strink. Help!
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Disneyfreak76.... try lunges and squats. That toned up my backside and butt! Use good form. When you think you are too exhaustedexhausred to go on.... do 10 more. I can do 200 at a time but try to do 50 randomly. Like each time I use the bathroom. They add up! Good luck
  • DisneyFreak76
    Options
    Thanks anacsitham5. When you do your squats, are you doing against wall?