2nd Weigh in

Options
Hello everybody is enjoying the challenges.
It is time for the next weigh in so get on the spreadsheet and let us know how you are doing so far :)
We can do this !

good luck everyone :D

Replies

• dreamchaser12
    dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Still no loss here! I've been the same weight now for 2 whole months!! I took my measurements and have lost 2.5" and it's in my upper body (chest and arms), which is where I'm seeing the changes (in my face, neck, shoulders, arms). Just feeling very frustrated! I calculated my TDEE (is that what it's called?) and have used that as my calorie limit for the past month because I felt that maybe I wasn't eating enough and I was having a hard time eating back my burned calories. Using the TDEE it said not to eat back burned calories and I don't. It has me at 1646 calories a day (MFP had me at 1349) so not a huge difference. I haven't gained on the increased calories, but haven't lost either. I'm ramping up my workouts starting next week by adding Zumba on Tuesday nights. So hopefully the increase in workouts will help. That will give me exercise 5 days a week, taking weekends off. My schedule will be Monday, Wednesday and Friday circuit training (mix of cardio and strength, mostly strength), Tuesday Zumba, and Thursday running. This is why when I've tried to lose weight in the past I've given up and failed. I get so frustrated with my body! I do have some medical issues that make it a little harder to lose, but certainly not impossible. I just needed to vent.
  • Andreake08
    Andreake08 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Almost 3 lbs lost!! YAY!!!

Dreamchaser, do not despair!! Maybe the scale isn't moving, but you're getting smaller!! :D
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    only - 2lbs but -6 inches :D x
  • thergj
    thergj Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Dreamchaser - I'm going to avoid giving you any specific advice or tricks. Instead I'll just say that you need to change something and I don't know what it is. From my own experience I can say that there is a lot of trial and error involved with losing weight and getting in shape. I've read all kinds of stuff written by all types of people. Some of it was helpful and worked really well for me and some ....eh.... not so much. The point is you have to make adjustments and keep trying different things until you find what works for you. Don't give up, you'll get there.
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I've managed to gain 7 pounds this week. I had my wisdom teeth out last Friday and eating nothing but ice cream and pudding will do that to you. Turning things around and getting back to logging today. I'm sure I'll have it back off (and hopefully more) by the next weigh in. Hoping to be back at the gym by the end of this week.
  • cjvvus
    cjvvus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Lost 2lbs this week. Love this group and the challenges.
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I didnt lose anything since last weigh in. But that is my own fault.

I have made a promise to myself to be as good as I can be for the whole of october and november.

Cant wait to next weigh in! ;)
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    I'm down nearly 3 lbs after being up nearly 4 for the first weigh in so I'm pretty happy that I'm getting back on track!
  • dreamchaser12
    Options
    Dreamchaser - I'm going to avoid giving you any specific advice or tricks. Instead I'll just say that you need to change something and I don't know what it is. From my own experience I can say that there is a lot of trial and error involved with losing weight and getting in shape. I've read all kinds of stuff written by all types of people. Some of it was helpful and worked really well for me and some ....eh.... not so much. The point is you have to make adjustments and keep trying different things until you find what works for you. Don't give up, you'll get there.

Thank you! I won't give up, no worries there. I have never felt better and stronger than I do at this point in my life! I'm loving it!! I just get discouraged when I've stalled out. Going to switch up my workout routine a bit now that I've run my 5k (my first one, it was awesome!!!). Adding Zumba Tuesday nights and only taking the weekends off. Will continue to try and improve my diet as well.
  • dreamchaser12
    Options
    Almost 3 lbs lost!! YAY!!!

Dreamchaser, do not despair!! Maybe the scale isn't moving, but you're getting smaller!! :D

Thank you for the encouragement! :) Congrats on your loss! :)
  • Cara85K
    Cara85K Posts: 122
    Options
    I fell off the wagon I guess and gained some back the past 2 weeks so I'm starting again today!
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I was up a little from the last weigh-in. WEddings and family gatherings are so annoying. And Yes I know I can eat healthy things before and try to fill up before I go etc etc but it's hard. And I like beer. Major problem.

But, I know what all my problems are - so I guess it's up to me to change it!!!
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

Agreed! Dreamchaser, I'm in the same situation. I've been eating under my cals, working out daily, and I'm not losing anything anymore- not even inches though I can tell from my workouts I've gotten a lot stronger. So I decided that this month I'm cutting out alcohol and I'm going to try to eat as clean as possible. It'll be hard but feeling disappointed every week is harder. I've never believed in "diets" that aren't possible for the long-term...but I'm hoping this will jumpstart the loss again and get me into healthier habits (less sodium, processed foods, etc.). GOOD LUCK- it WILL happen as long as you don't give up!!! :smile:
  • dreamchaser12
    Options
    Agreed! Dreamchaser, I'm in the same situation. I've been eating under my cals, working out daily, and I'm not losing anything anymore- not even inches though I can tell from my workouts I've gotten a lot stronger. So I decided that this month I'm cutting out alcohol and I'm going to try to eat as clean as possible. It'll be hard but feeling disappointed every week is harder. I've never believed in "diets" that aren't possible for the long-term...but I'm hoping this will jumpstart the loss again and get me into healthier habits (less sodium, processed foods, etc.). GOOD LUCK- it WILL happen as long as you don't give up!!! :smile:

I've been trying to cut back on some of my carbs and eating more veggies as well. I agree, sodium is a killer! I'm going away this weekend with my husband and it's Thanksgiving here too, so I'm determined to get in all my workouts this week and do the best I can all week in hopes of this weekend not getting the better of me! Good luck to you as well!! We can do this!!! :happy:
  • tracy9301
    tracy9301 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I lost a total of 2 pounds. Its been a very very busy time here.
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Minor loss this week. :( I've had a lot of papers to grade, so sneaking off to exercise hasn't been working. *Sigh*