Challenge: what is processed to you?!?! 9/29

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
http://www.eatingrules.com/october-unprocessed-2012/

One of my friend MFPers sent this out as a challenge and I am going to embrace it!! I love it but I love to cook also. Anyhoo, what I like about this challenge is the challenger, Mr. Wilder, says to make it your own....you can do it one day, 3 days a week, 2 weeks or the whole month. The point is like the challenge I had recently on reading labels...what do we actually put in our bodies and are you/we happy with that? That is all self awareness.
Please read, let me know what you think and share your opinions.
Have a great weekend!

Peace and Joy,
Wonder Woman!:bigsmile:

Replies

• arlene1554
    arlene1554 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well...that article was an eye opener. :noway:
    Yes...I eat many processed foods, as I'm sure most people do.:blushing:
    I use and consume many processed foods for a variety of reasons. Availability, Conveinience , Taste ...just to name a few.:embarassed:
    Will I cease to use Processed Foods after reading that article.....NO. :noway:
    Will I be more aware of what is considered to be a Processed Food item?...YES :bigsmile:
    Will I think of maybe purchasing and consuming an alternative to Processed Foods in my daily life?...PROBABLY:wink:
  • Mamacass13
    Mamacass13 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I joined the challenge! I'm gluten free so many of my days are unprocessed (for the most part)! So I will do an even better job of getting the gunk out of my days! Turkey pepperoni will be a tough one......
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I agree it is a fantastic idea. But I know I cannot do it at this time. But perhaps I will pick one day it cannot be today for i have already ate processed food. Maybe tomorrow. Thank you for introducing this idea you have certainly planted a seed that eventually I will water.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I like how he said all have a definition...mine is something that has words I can't pronounce and red or yellow dye #526...LOL!!!!!!!!
    I agree most of us can't get away with no processed food at all but maybe minimize the amount or serving size or minimally processed like steel cut oats.
    I will try....just to see how much I grow or learn or what I am willing to put up with.
  • Zvyezda
    Zvyezda Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I cut out processed foods yesterday in an attempt to maximise my experience at Bikram yoga. I felt inspired by the class to continue to be as healthy as I can. I love this idea and have pledged for a week. This is something I've NEVER given thought to before ashamedly. I stupidly thought that being healthy and losing weight was all about these manufactured low-fat, low-cal products. The idea I love most about eating clean is the fact that you can generally eat a lot more and so not have to feel hungry, which is one of my biggest fears with losing weight :-)
  • JAMProphet
    JAMProphet Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    This is impressive. I am going to try for one week, and see if I can stretch it for all of October!
  • AmelieJG
    Options
    This is something that I have tried to do for a very long time and think that we do very well (something that I am very proud of too!) with the exception of eating out. I never thought about how often we go out in a "social" fashion (ie I will never get home from work be too tired and order pizza, I will make brown rice throw some frozen veggies over it and some cheese and call it dinner) but since I've been tracking my food I realized that we go out with the In laws often and out with friends and date night more often then I realized. Since when we do go out to eat its always a social function and having a social life is something that I don't want to cut out of my life I decided to simply try to eat better when out so tonight I got a salmon salad and a baked potato and stole only two of my husbands hot wings!