New to Leslie Sansone looking for success stories

Options
awerewka
awerewka Posts: 151 Member
Like my subjects says...I am new..been doing her 5 day Ultimate for a couple weeks now and really work up a sweat. I love it!

However, I am "stuck" in a plateau of some sort. I am just wondering if there are any successes and if you feel her workouts help in the weight loss department.

Replies

• dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Absolutely you can and will have success with her exercise and eating right! I lost 50 pounds doing just Leslie workouts - no other kinds. I still love them! I also like that DVD, but prefer to mix up the programs.Make sure you work on strength a few times a week. Good luck!
  • awerewka
    Options
    I do a little bit of strength in between during the beginning of the walks and after but currently only using 5lb weights. I was thinking of buying some wrist or ankle weights to add to the walks as well.

Do you have any suggestions on other DVD's of hers that are more fast paced? Not saying this one isn't, I find it a very good work out. Just looking for another to mix with it.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    The Five Mile Fat Burning Walk is probably the fastest next to the one you have. The miles are just over 12 minutes and have a two minute "boost" - jog - at the end of each one. There's a number that involve weights or the stretch bands, including a few new ones that just came out. For basic strength, I'm a big fan of "Walk Strong" (30 minutes) which is actually pretty old, but has four intervals of strength training. Leslie uses the most weight - 5lbs. I went from 2 to 3 to 5 and now use 8s. (Which I'm not going to lie - is tough!) The Boot Camp one has stretchy resistance things and is also a good mix. Depending on what you want to accomplish, just getting up and moving every day is great stuff! Best wishes to you with everything. I'll send you a friend request!
  • awerewka
    Options
    :) thanks!

I really do like her videos, however there is one back ground gal that drives me bonkers to watch. lol
  • canonge2
    canonge2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in hearing any Leslie Sansone success stories as well. I've been walking a lot and haven't seen any big changes yet.
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I don't have any great weight loss story yet, but I wanted to mention a few benefits I'd noticed during the not
    quite a month that I've been back at this. First I noticed a better quality of sleep...it's deeper and though it's
    still a work in progress, I'm getting closer to the 7 hours of sleep I know I need. Second, I couldn't make it
    through the one mile that Leslie has on her site my first day:9-5-12. Now I'm doing 5-6 miles in 90 minutes.
    My mind is clearer and a bit more focused than it normally is. I'm beginning to have stamina and endurance.
    This is unbelievable! What do all of you notice other than weight loss? I'm curious...