Healthy snacks/ lunch/drink ideas that provides energy!

Options
I am in my first semster of nursing school, we start clinicals in two weeks. We only go once a week, right now! I am trying to stay away from the cold sandwich trap. I am also trying to take healthy snacks! So that I stay away from the terrible vending machine! I want to eat something with some carbs , for the energy! I just feel so sleepy after consuming high carb products. Which is what I normal eat when the stress level is up.:happy: :happy: I am also trying to reduce drinking diet cokes. What are some replacements, thay provides some energy. Thanks is advance!

Replies

• tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I use Advocare's Spark and Slam energy supplements. Message me if you would like to know more about them.
  • pcgirl58
    pcgirl58 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    protein bars, peanut butter, almonds
  • Francesca941
    Options
    Costco has some great snack/meal bars that are easy to grab and have on hand. If you are into nuts there's a great one by Mrs. May's called Trio that has a pretty good combination of protein and carbs. Also I like Nature Valley's Protein chewy bars (10g of protein!). I also try to keep nuts and dried fruit handy in little bags.
    For me- the key is preparation! Having things ready to grab quickly! =)
  • Danlac86
    Options
    Thanks, Everyone! Sorry, that it took so long for me to respond back. First full day of clinicals on Tues 10/9! Super excited.
  • rrneal625
    rrneal625 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I usually keep a little bag of jerky on hand and sometimes almonds.
  • bitsonc
    Options
    I like to snack on koshi go-lean cereal. How did clinicals go?