Introductions

Options
pahsar2
pahsar2 Posts: 69 Member
Welcome, everyone. Glad to have this group up and running for everyone.

I have been on MFP for 9 weeks and dropped 17 lbs. :-) I find that these challenges are motivating to me ... I gain a sense of accountability.

If you are new to these challenges or if you did the previous one or two (August/September), welcome. Glad you decided to give it a run.

Feel free to add threads and have fun sharing information.

Good luck to everyone and I hope that you find this group enjoyable and helpful.

Cheers, my new friends.

Replies

• lem_orc29
    lem_orc29 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hello! I did the September Challenge and I'm looking forward to October. It was so helpful last month to have a group of people keeping me accountable...Let's do it! :)
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I've never done any of these challenges, but looking forward to losing 6lbs this month!
  • fitkat_2012
    Options
    This will be my first challenge on MFP & can't wait to get started! I agree - these types of forums help keep me motivated - thanks for setting this up :)
    Kat
  • GameStrong85
    Options
    Hi my name is Erika, I'm new here and I hope to lose 6lbs this coming up month.:-)
  • lebenmom
    Options
    Hello there!! My name is Kate and this is the first group I have joined on here. Can't wait to loose the 6 pounds and have a support system!!
    Good luck everyone!!
  • ashleyjea1985
    Options
    getting married in march! hoping to get my 6 lbs in in october!
  • SweetMe1
    SweetMe1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Monique and I live in the Pacific NW. I love a challenge and this is a good one. My weigh in day is Monday so I'll post my starting and goal weights then. I joined MFP last month and am thrilled to be here!
  • Crosbinium
    Crosbinium Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I did a lose 5 in September challenge and met my goal so I am up for a lose 6 in October. I am going to have a hectic month with a nice reward trip at the end of the month to the FL.

I joined MFP in July and have found it to be challenging to be back to teaching and shifting my workouts to 5am. I pack my lunch daily, cook most nights and try to eat cleanly. My weakness is chocolate! I got some little 45 cal dark chocolate squares eating one almost daily seems to help keep the dessert monster at bay.
  • keekahari
    keekahari Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Greeting from the Nations Capital. This is my first group and challenge. I am looking forward to losing six in October (hopefully a lit bit more too) Woo-hoo!
  • latishabfloyd
    latishabfloyd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Greeting from Austin Texas, by way of Washington, DC. This is my first group and challenge. I am can't wait loose 6 pounds in October. Looking forward to this challenge :-)

Good luck everyone!!
  • stralatheskinny
    Options
    Hi there everybody! Greetings from southern California :D this is also my first group and challenge (shoutout to all my fellow newbies w00t w00t) and I can't "weight" to get started. My starting weight is 131 lbs, so we'll see where this goes. 125 here I come :D
  • rushin247
    Options
    Love the idea of a challenge to jump start my weight lose this month.
  • Baronessc
    Options
    HI Everyone, I joined MFP 10 weeks ago and lost a total of 9 pounds. I need the support and encouragement of a group to keep going because it feels like the weight loss is stalling. I am driving myself crazy.
  • gnb4hi
    Options
    So I went to the Doctor yesterday and I weighed in at 160 lbs!!! I was so bummed out and ashamed. This time last year I was at 146..... So here I am. I need some support. I knew when I looked in the mirror I was putting on some weight but this was a bad surprise....
  • dglasure
    dglasure Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello~ I am new to this site, and this looked like a good group to be part of...the challenge will keep me motivated , hopefully!! Ready to shed some (ok... A LOT) of this weight!
  • Shellanfit
    Shellanfit Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone my name is Shellan and am going to lose 6lbs the month of October:)
  • princesscaylee
    Options
    Hey everyone! This is my first time joining a group. I have been a member of MFP for awhile now, but have recently really let things slide. I'm getting married next June and I want to be healthy and able to maintain a better lifestyle by then.

Good luck to everyone!
  • LindaZ5
    LindaZ5 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    HI Everyone! I joined the summer challenge and September challenges and met my goals. These challenges are really helpful for me. Looking forward to losing another 6 pounds during October!
  • silverchick
    silverchick Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I've been on MFP for a while, but I keep re-starting and re-starting. Once again back at Day 1 and I really hope that joining this group will help keep me accountable! Looking forward to reading about everyone's progress and getting to know you all! :)
  • tessavonhagen
    tessavonhagen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    So I went to the Doctor yesterday and I weighed in at 160 lbs!!! I was so bummed out and ashamed. This time last year I was at 146..... So here I am. I need some support. I knew when I looked in the mirror I was putting on some weight but this was a bad surprise....

i went through the exact same thing at about the same range went from 145 to 165 in a bout a 6 month period knew i had gained some but was shocked when i finally got on a scale and so ashamed for letting myself get that out of shape. I have since lost 20 of that weight still have a bit to go. You can do this this girl!