Chaffing

Options
How do you prevent it? Treat it?

I got my first chaf last sat at my mud run but today by the end of mile five I was ready to rip my bra off! I still have another mile to go today (hubby had to head to work and kids are too little to be home alone) help! I have to Go to the running store later So that's not an issue!

Replies

• camrunner
    Options
    Bodyglide is the recommendation you'd probably get from most people. It hasn't solved all my problems, because I tend to sweat through it at about the 10 mile mark, but it's worth a try.
  • jellebeandesigns
    jellebeandesigns Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • johnmcc215
    johnmcc215 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Bodyglide is your friend.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Lanacane has an anti-chafing gel also. You can pick it up at Wal Mart. I usually sweat it all off by mile 10 or so, but that is also worth a shot.
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Buy those blister bandages with the soft gel on the inside, these add some real sweet padding and stopped chaffing on all my long runs.

http://www.pharmacy2u.co.uk/compeed-blister-treatment-medium-p1576.html?utm_source=sfeed&utm_medium=google&utm_term=compeed-blister-treatment-medium&utm_campaign=main&gclid=CIiKlfiH3bICFUPHtAodwx8ArQ
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I use plain old vaseline. Cheap and works like a charm for me. Never had any chaffing since I started using it.
  • ejwme
    ejwme Posts: 318
    Options
    I've been using runguard recently, to good results. I've only used it on 10 mile runs so far, and now I'm worried about "sweating through it" or it otherwise becoming ineffective. Before that, I taped up with neosporin soaked gauze and prayed the tape stuck. It often didn't, and caused more issues :(

The blister pad idea is stellar, I thank you!
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    I prefer SportShield.

http://www.2toms.com/sportshield
  • pverbarg
    pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Body glide (and powder - does not matter what kind) work for me. Lasted through 20 miler this weekend (and I did chafe 2 weeks ago on a shorter run)... be careful about switching up on bra's too. I have one style I really like but tried rotating in another that worked on short runs a couple of weeks ago and had issues!
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Body Glide or Vaseline.
  • Culley34
    Culley34 Posts: 224
    Options
    BodyGlide actually makes a liquid powder, which I think is far superior than their solid stick. I have two pairs of shorts that cause me to chaffe, and all of the others are fine.

In order to prevent chaffing on the upper body's contact points - I now wear an Under Armour base layer, which is basically skin tight, and I haven't had the need to utilize any type of lubricant.
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I like A&D ointment.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    A HUGE shoutout for Aquaphor Healing Ointment (or as my kids now call it, butt chapstick...)