insanity during pregnancy?

Options
ok so i have been doing insanity now for past 6-7weeks and i am almost finished with it! iv been loving it and was hoping to restart 2 weeks after i finish, the thing is i found out on friday that i am pregnant, im only like 4 weeks along so really early my period isnt actually due for another 4 days so i found out really really early!
i was hoping to finish insanity and maybe re start again after my wedding which is in 11days.

did anyone else do insanity during pregnancy? or maybe adapt the routines? i feel great in my self and this is my 4th child and i exercised during my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies too.

thanks

Replies

• chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I haven't done insanity but did do Turbo Fire during much of my pregnancy, especially early on. I just watched my heart rate and took it a little easier than usual. I also did the low impact version. I woudl say it is fine, just scale back a little :)
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I was in the middle of Insanity when I got pregnant, and I chose to focus on other workouts because I didn't have the energy any longer for it. If you have the energy, just modify so you aren't doing the jumps and try to keep your HR from getting too high!

Congratulations!
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    LauriesTrying2BeFit Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i use a HRM so i can watch that, what is the highest i should be going to? i did it this morning and i peaked at 164 which is pretty high for me i usually hover around 148 :)
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I have done insanity before and during pregnancy. I was able to do insanity without modifications the whole first trimester as well as INsanity Asylum. Once i got to the second trimester i made some modifications, i no long did the power jumps I kinda did a hop, I eventually just cut that program out but was able to keep up with the other workouts until about 20 weeks. Once I got to 20 weeks i cut back to just the pure cardio and max cardio,. I cannot say if you will be able to do Insanity the same way because everyone is different and it really depends on your ability before getting pregnant. I just recently had a dr appt at 26 weeks and was told to STOP insanity and running, It seems that i may have been overdoing it and causing early contractions. All i can tell you is that if you get any type of cramp while doing insanity STOP immediately and try to find another workout program
  • abitzan
    abitzan Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    modify, drink plenty of water and really watch your body and how everything feels.
  • Rosered3333
    Rosered3333 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    The best advice I read for exercise is to think of your heartrate on a scale of 1-10. When you're pregnant, you want to keep it at about 3-5. For me that's around 140-145, which is the number that they sometimes give.

I'm still working out but my workouts have gotten pretty half-assed and I REALLY miss that exhaustion I feel after a good workout.

Congratulations and good for you for still exercising!
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I try to keep my HR under 150, although sometimes it would spike a little higher, but I would immediately slow down. For the most part it was between 130-140.
  • jaygirl3
    jaygirl3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    i wish i had the ability to do that. lol, i just stick to zumba, taebo and turbo jam, and i modify everything. i am a ftm so i am so scared to even jump or kick so i dont hurt the baby. I guess i am burning less calories but i am managing that for now.