no gym till november

Options
im depressed by this (i broke my hand and have a cast up to my elbow) i cancelled my gym till november so i have plenty of time for my hand to heal. im 179 pounds. my question and biggest concern is can i still lose weight without exercise just eating right and maybe a few exercise home dvds? im scared

Replies

• ltfitz89
    ltfitz89 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I havent been to the gym in 4-6 weeks and ive been losing weight just by eating right watching my intake and making sure i walk... walking is great exercise. now its getting cold so walking outside really isnt ideal but i try to walk at work and move more when i can i have a fitbit which tracks my walking ect so you may consider getting one or something similar to keep you motivated. Even though you cant "work out" per se, you can still keep yourself active, you just have to be a little creative :)
  • DisneyFreak76
    Options
    Most definitely! I went to the gym for the first time today since I started exercising. I started walking on 7/16 of this year and that is basically all I do. On 7/16, I was 184. Saturday I weighed 159. You can do it!
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    well i went to cancel my gym membership today and they told me i should not. they said who cares if people think ur crazy for working out with a broken hand. (i had thought i would look stupid for this considering my cast) they said walk on the treadmill at a comfortable pace and id still be fine. im ecstatic!!!