Week 5 (29th Sept)

Options
SimonLock
SimonLock Posts: 12 Member
This week is all about calories.

The first challenge is to eat as close to your daily calorie goal each day as possible. The closer you are, the more points you will score. Simply enter your daily calorie goal in the first column, and then fill in your calories eaten each day.

The second challenge is to try to burn 1500 calories this week. Simply enter the number of calories burned each day, and try to reach the target.

Everyone will get an individual score out of 10, and there will once again be a team score for everybody to try and improve.

Best of luck everybody, any questions ask me or Charlottina and we will be happy to help.

Replies

• Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Ooo I like this one!

Question though- should we be entering our daily NET calories, or calories eaten, or how does that work? Sometimes I eat my exercise cals and sometimes I don't (like if I exercise a LOT one day I might only eat back half) so for me personally, my cal goal changes almost daily.
  • gwendb
    gwendb Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Oh man I can't wait! This is a great way to switch up the challenges! I have had trouble with the other ones because I kinda like doing my own thing at the gym, but definitely need motivation to keep close to or under my goal. Thanks!
  • Andreake08
    Andreake08 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon last week, but I'm so in again!! :D
  • helenld1
    helenld1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Oh man I can't wait! This is a great way to switch up the challenges! I have had trouble with the other ones because I kinda like doing my own thing at the gym, but definitely need motivation to keep close to or under my goal. Thanks!

Agree! I found the other exercise challenges really hard to work into my exisitng workout. Not saying that they aren't good though - I just adapt!!!

This one looks good and the exact way to get me back to being the good girl I need to be after a night of many G&Ts and a filthy takeaway at the end of the night. :embarassed:
  • Zumbalicious_Zoe
    Options
    Now this challenge I know I can do
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I was also wondering if we should subtract the calories we burn during exercise? I usually eat fairly close to my 1240 allowance but some days I eat a little more, especially when I have a higher calorie burn.
  • MsJayeKaye
    MsJayeKaye Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I got this!
  • steffo365
    steffo365 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Ooo I like this one!

Question though- should we be entering our daily NET calories, or calories eaten, or how does that work? Sometimes I eat my exercise cals and sometimes I don't (like if I exercise a LOT one day I might only eat back half) so for me personally, my cal goal changes almost daily.

I would also like to know this :].
  • Stef0325
    Stef0325 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Awesome challenge! I've recently been making poor food choices and have been BARELY under goal. Weight loss has slowed so my goal is to stay at 1200 BEFORE excercise. This challenge will really help me stay focused! Thanks!:drinker:
  • cjvvus
    cjvvus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I would also like to know if we enter net calories or calories eaten. I don't always eat exercise calories.
  • cs821
    cs821 Posts: 48
    Options
    I can do this, last week was a bit of a stretch for me as I went away for a few days, now I'm trying to get back on track and this challenge will help me. Let's do this :smile:
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,294 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE THIS CHALLENGE! :bigsmile:
  • Charlottina
    Charlottina Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yes sorry its hard to account for those that are eating back all or some of there exercise calories so if you predict the average calories that you are going to be eating each day then input that instead :)
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Calories Calories
    Eaten Burned

9/15 140 under 0
    9/16 466 under 0
    9/17 333 under 556 calories
    9/18 600 under 556 calories
    9/19 19 over goal 0
    Th 9/20 209 over goal 0
    F 9/21 641 under 556 calories
    S 9/22 didn't get all my food in the diary
    Su 9/23 72 over goal 83 calories
    M 9/24 didn't get all my food 665 calories
    T 9/25 556 under 556 calories
    W 9/26 596 under 0
    Th 9/27 computer not wrkg 0
    F 9/28 computer not wrkg 640 calories
    S 9/29 computer not wrkg 0
    Su 9/30 205 under 489 calories

Now that my computer is working again, I should be able to log all of my food. Too hard to try to remember even the next day everything that I ate.
  • trishp95
    trishp95 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. My calorie goal is 1200/day. Everyday I am over that because of my calories earned by exercising. I will pass on that part of the challenge. I will do the exercise portion. Happy journey all.
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Now this challenge I know I can do

^^ Me too
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    That works! My goal is 1200 net but I'll put in 1400 and input however many cals actually I eat- that should be a happy medium.
  • tracy9301
    tracy9301 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    mine is 1200, but some days its more and some its less.
  • emilye72
    emilye72 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    So is everyone posting their calories from just working out, or for the entire day? I am using my fitbit and just recorded what I burned through the entire day, so some of my days are at 3400 cals burned but I notice everyone elses daily burn is only around 200-500. So should I just be entering extra exercise?
  • helenld1
    helenld1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have really enjoyed this weeks challenges. Can't wait to see what next week will bring!! :drinker:

Hope everyone is well and getting over the small blips we all have (I had one of those weekends last week! :grumble: ).

Emily - I entered only my true exercise calories as I don't have something that allows me to track all day. So my cals are my classes at the gym, runs etc. Plus my calories are my actual eaten calories, I don't eat back my exercise cals and I don't net them off. However, this was each to their own so however you want to do it if gab.