MN Hike - Lets Do This - Oct 6/7

Options
2»

Replies

• OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I'll be hungover on the 7th so I'm out that day. :drinker:

haha!! OK Looking through it looks like the weekend of the 20/21 works better for people???
  • OkieinMinny
    Options
    This sounds like so much fun!!! I've never gone hiking, can you believe it? I am currently planning a cycling trip that same weekend with one of my MFP friends. We are riding Cannon Falls to Red Wing on the 6th, so I don't know if I could swing it, but I would sure try!! Is this the first time you've had a group activity?
    :heart: Jenny

^^ I know there has been a dinner meet up - thought it would be fun to do a hike especially in the fall in MN!!
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm down for the weekend of the 20th-21st! :drinker:
  • fittyfittybumbum
    Options
    I just relocated here from Oklahoma, so I've never been hiking and I'm all for avoiding the morning chill. Count me in! I'm good on just about any weekend
  • Apple2jacks
    Options
    I might be able to do the 21st. Keep me posted. BUT I would like to know where first and how far (for personal reasons that would make or break my decision of going.) What type of "hike"? Easy walking trails or hiking up and down hills and rocks or fast pace or slow pace??? I know so many questions but these are things I need to know before I say yes or no! :) I think it would be fun to meet everyone also!!!
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Where on the 21st and what time??
  • Cyndist1
    Options
    Would love to do this but sadly I live too far away from all the places listed. =(
    Cindy (Stuck in Lake Benton)
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    They really need some kind of calender function on the site. Could we maybe start a Facebook group for members of the Minnesota discussion board? Then we can schedule in events such as this and people can better figure out their availabilities.
  • scoutmom22
    Options
    if you do a facebook page or something, please let me know. i love this idea - it just seems like we haven't settled on specifics? or did i miss them?
  • DanaLynnMN
    DanaLynnMN Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    This sounds like fun!!! I just found this group!! Woohoo!! Love my MN peeps!!

I too would like to know the location before I can commit to a weekend. My October is kinda full, but I might be able to juggle some things.

Doodle.com is a free service you can use to schedule events (come up with a good day for everyone).
    But, I think you have to have everyone's e-mail to do it.
    A facebook page might be nice since it's free.

Wouldn't it be fun to do a monthly....or at least a quarterly meet up?? Get things on our calendars far in advance?!? (just a thought)

:happy:
  • OkieinMinny
    Options
    They really need some kind of calender function on the site. Could we maybe start a Facebook group for members of the Minnesota discussion board? Then we can schedule in events such as this and people can better figure out their availabilities.

^^ YES!! great idea!
  • OkieinMinny
    Options
    OK - so its a good thing Im not an event planner for a a living - the weekend of the 20th/21st unfortunately

BUT it looks like a LOT of people can - so if someone else wants to take the reins and you guys get together - and I agree a calendar function would be awesome!! we need to get something going!!
  • babytis
    babytis Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm still available Saturday Oct 20th, my only worry is the weather isn't going to be on our side.

I agree, I think the Facebook group page would be awesome!

<3 Jenny
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    The Facebook group would only be useful for people who have Facebook (I don't), so that's not really a solution either. Come on MFP, bring us a calendar function pretty please? :flowerforyou:
  • leelees10
    leelees10 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Keep me posted as it would be fun!