On the Go Breakfast Ideas for Kids

Options
urbansmamma
urbansmamma Posts: 202 Member
Hi Team Vegan!

I am in a breakfast rut for my son. Typically he has a sammie with almond butter & preserves for breakfast. What do you feed your lil ones?

Replies

• Music4Hym777
    Music4Hym777 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am not a mom, but I say green smoothies. They are quick and easy and can be on the go in a cup with a straw. I love Starbucks cups for these.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids but I'm lazy when it comes to breakfast so here some things I have that don't require much time

smoothies homemade
    bagel with earth balance and cinnimon with a piece of fruit
    oatmeal with apples added
    cereal with non-dairy milk
    small fruit bowl with half a bagel

I usually like something carby for breakfast so that's why I add in a bagel some days because I stay fuller longer and have more energy that way.
  • healthysince2013
    healthysince2013 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids either but here are some of my on the go favorites that others haven't mentioned.

Breakfast burritos with scrambled tofu, potatoes, veggies, sausage, whatever he likes. They are easy to make a bunch at once then, freeze, reheat, and eat on the go.

Healthy frozen waffles. Not sure if he would be happy to eat them plain but I sometimes eat them like dry toast if I'm in a hurry.

Cut up apples and a pb cup.

Trail mix with dried fruits and nuts. (can be high in sugar).
  • urbansmamma
    urbansmamma Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your ideas!! I LOVE freezing the breakfast burritos. I'm totally doing this!!!
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Our kids eat cereal (usually cheerios) with soy/rice milk, or sometimes just dry, toast, bagels, homemade granola bars, or fruit. And on Sundays they get waffles/pancakes.
  • happyvegan410
    happyvegan410 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I get hungry in the mornings so I eat a pretty big brekky......some go to meals: pumpkin oatmeal, raisin bran with a whole banana (this makes it so much more filling), tofu scrambler with rye toast mmmmmmmmm, soy yogurt with strawberries or grapes or blueberries (although this is really my lunch most days!), half a bagel with veggie tofutti( tofu cream cheese, grated carrot, minced onion and chopped celery) with mixed greens, Tom's and cukes on top-all the veggies make this filling too!
  • blkmlk
    Options
    that frozen breakfast burrito idea is great!
  • SuperVegan8
    SuperVegan8 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Oats!

Find a microwavable soup mug fill it with oats (and whatever you want in it - berries/fruits, nut butter etc), microwave as you walk out the door and he can eat it in the car :)
  • simplyeater
    simplyeater Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Some good ideas here! We tend to get in a rut too...

If I can I try to make a batch of healthy muffins on the weekend. These get me through those busy/late mornings when time is always running short.