Reaching Out - I need support

Options
LetGo23
LetGo23 Posts: 5 Member
Hypothyroidism, Insulin Resistance (no Diabetes), PCOS, High Cholesterol, Morbid Obesity, High Hirsutism Profile, Migraines, Recurring Debilitating Hives, Asthma, Inflammation and IBS

These are my conditions upfront. I empathize with everyone's story and this round of trying Fitness Pal I am reaching out to others. Not just read others stories but get involved and solicit support. I cannot do this alone. It is a hard journey to start working out after so many years of being sedentary and living all of my life without having to workout. I need to get in gear... I started off listing my conditions but am working hard not to let them DEFINE who I am. I struggle with weight loss, feeling positive/happy, and just living life - going to work and interacting with others because of the on-going struggles I have had with the conditions.

Replies

• Ilovejacks
    Ilovejacks Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I also have a TON of medical problems(including Thyroid)I used them for an excuse for a loooooong time but, not NO more!You know if you are eating right or not,and i wasn't!You can start like i did with 10 minutes of walking and just work up to more.You never have to run,walking will do it just fine:)Stop eating Sugar and track your sugar.Drink a ton of water.The more you move around the more energy you will have and will want & be able to do more & more!!!!!Be honest with yourself and bust your A**!The result is sooooo worth the fight.Now get your butt up and MOVE:):flowerforyou:
  • Dilite2
    Dilite2 Posts: 25
    Options
    I also have a TON of medical problems(including Thyroid)I used them for an excuse for a loooooong time but, not NO more!You know if you are eating right or not,and i wasn't!You can start like i did with 10 minutes of walking and just work up to more.You never have to run,walking will do it just fine:)Stop eating Sugar and track your sugar.Drink a ton of water.The more you move around the more energy you will have and will want & be able to do more & more!!!!!Be honest with yourself and bust your A**!The result is sooooo worth the fight.Now get your butt up and MOVE:):flowerforyou:

I love your advice, getting moving and making changes to your diet will soon pay off, being positive also helps you to feel good :smile: ONE FOOT IN FRONT OF THE OTHER WITH A SMILE ON YOUR FACE :smile:
  • TaliaP77
    Options

Guuuuuuuuurl, you better speak on it!! As I said in my first initial post here on MFP, it was a slap in the face to MYSELF when I got on those scales at the doctots office a couple of weeks ago; not this Thyroid disease, not my husbands, not my children's but M-E! I have made up in my mind to get this weight off of me! I am 35 years old and I move around at times like I am 95.

The hardest part I am dealing with is re-programming my mind to not just grab a Twix or Blue Belle container when I crave sweets, and you said it best (WE HAVE TO BE HONEST WITH OURSELVES!) No more sneaking and eating that second piece of pastry when everyone is not looking. How about I am trying to not eat the first peice to begin with.

I made excuses for the longest and lied to everyone around me...I will beat the odds that are against me! Ms. LetGo23...you are motovation enough, you are alive and typing here in this forum, which means the Good Lord has given you another chance to put one foot in front of the other! YOU CAN DO IT and guess what...I believe in YOU! :flowerforyou:
  • khanxa
    khanxa Posts: 4
    Options
    hi,

i am a 29 year male and been taking levo thyroxine since birth, i need some advise on how to gain a few pounds of mass, as im under weight,
    my hight is 5ft.10in and 132lb, The ideal weight for my age and height should be 172lb,

i take 125mcg of levothyroxine per day, please help on why is it so hard to put on weight,

thanks
  • gwicks54
    gwicks54 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    hi,

i am a 29 year male and been taking levo thyroxine since birth, i need some advise on how to gain a few pounds of mass, as im under weight,
    my hight is 5ft.10in and 132lb, The ideal weight for my age and height should be 172lb,

i take 125mcg of levothyroxine per day, please help on why is it so hard to put on weight,

thanks

I wish I knew how to help you, but I do not. I was a skinny person until my early twenties & the battle began. If you are not eating enough you need to look at higher calorie but still healthy foods. Some folks just don't gain like others but if you can go on some of the boards that are for bulking up they would be able to tell you more of the types of carbs & proteins that would help. I hope you find what you need.
  • iambuttercup
    iambuttercup Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Read info on website Stop the thyroid madness