Struggling!

Options
Hello everyone,
I was wondering what everyone is struggling with right now.
Myself, I hurt my back this past Saturday morning doing my Turbofire and still haven't bounced back. I think it might be another weeks before I will be able to try and workout hard. Because of my back I fell off the food wagon also. Not being able to cook is killing it. My fiancé has been doing the cooking and buys but he's not the greatest healthy cooker, (side note: he has lost 30lbs since I started cooking for him) and sometimes would rather buy food then cook since he works all day and doesn't get home until after 6pm. I'm scared to weigh myself right now and don't think I will until next Monday. He made me a soup by FALLOWING the directions yesterday. It’s called, “Flush the Fat soup”, I call it “Never leave the bathroom soup.” Hopefully it will help in getting me back on track with my food. I also feel so bad for my Rainerbainer(dog), she is use to going for 8km walks 5 times a week but since I hurt my back she just lays beside me looking at me with her one sad eye. Back injuries are the worst. Today I’m going to try and go for at least a km walk.
End rant.

As I read this back to myself I noticed I sounded like a whining #@$%&, which is very out of my character. I'm very use to being in control with everything I do, and not being in control seems to be breaking down my emotions.

Replies

• DeeMiss
    DeeMiss Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I understand the loss of control completely. I have also been struggling the last two weeks. First I found out my mother has cancer. Then I babysit for my older sister, and she would rather pick time and conveniance over her daughters stability and well being.

That being said, I am not on great terms with either, since they did not show up to my wedding in August. Because of their views on Gay marriage. So I am struggling with not letting people take advantage of my good nature, and standing up for myself. Whether to completely forgive my mother, or follow my views and not treat people different just because they are sick. Does she get a free pass since she has cancer? I wouldn't want one...oi.

My suggestions are.

Don't get stuck! Life will always come at you, find a way around it. Do seated shadow boxing, short walks, arm strengths, lots of stuff that wouldn't affect your back.

its harder to start something all over, then work your way slowly towards the goal. Just do what you can :) I hoping your situation will get better. Feel free to message me if there is anything I can do!

You got this. This is a minor pit stop, on the road to a healthy life :)
  • saraphim41
    saraphim41 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I managed to strain my bad leg last week and have not been able to exercise much at all. Also had one day when I totally blew it. Surprisingly, I'm still on track to make my goal--225 by NY. Back to basics for me.

I do eat the same things over and over a lot! But, truthfully, I did that when I was stuffing myself, too. So no harm, no foul.